Help Me Decide Where To Go

I am loosely planning a late-summer ride by myself or with one local friend. I have looked at maps and have a bit of an idea where to go, but have decided to open my mind wide open to suggestions. After all, I joined a forum to learn things I don't know. Here is what I am looking for:

1: I am leaving from close to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I can be away 4 days max, but 3 is probably more likely. I plan on taking a long weekend from work and being away Friday. I can put some miles on Thursday night to get closer to good riding for Friday. If the trip looks really tasty I might be able to get away from work Thursday or Monday as well as Friday. So I need to be looking at a trip I can reasonably make in that timeframe from that location.

2: This is a cheap vacation. I am looking for cheap, clean places to stay. The more of my budget I can spend on fuel (and a beer or 2 after a long day riding) the happier I am.

3: I am looking to ride good roads. I don't want to be riding over 20 miles of gravel through a construction zone, and I don't want to ride mile after mile of freeway, droning along at 75mph. Twisty is better, but I like good pavement and good scenery, and less traffic is better, especially traffic of the multicoloured Crown Vic or Tahoe variety. Most of you ride an FZ1, I don't really have to explain where I'm coming from here.

4: If any of you point me to your local area, I would be glad to share the road (and a beer or 2 after a long day of riding) if you would have me. I haven't had the opportunity to tour with an FZ1. I really want to see how cool one looks in action so I can ride along thinking about how cool I must look on mine.

I did a trip like this last year and went to Lake Placid. It was a great time, great roads, and a great place to stay. (Steinhoff's Sportsman's Inn, if you're in the area. Clean rooms, good food, and cheap beer) I had a really nice time, and am looking to do something similar in the same area or somewhere completely different. I promise anyone who shares some good tips with me will be extended the same hospitality should they choose to visit Eastern Ontario. There are some great roads here if you're around. Thanks!

Back