Help please transmission problem

bennyt

Gen 2 2007 28000 miles.. Help someone please. I have a problem with shifting in to 5th and 6th gear, was fine then all of the sudden jumped out and now cant shift from 4th - 5th or 5th - 6th.. so pulled over and when at idle I could hear something rattling around in the gearbox so I left and picked it up in a van. Someone has got to have rebuilt one of these motors or replaced the gears,
Im guessing its going to be 5th and 6th gear dogs or selector or something like that.. But my main concern is access to the Trans, can the motor be put upside down with sump off to get to the trans and replace parts or does the top end need to come off to split the cases... Any info would be much appreciated...
Thanks

I believe you can do it upside down, I'm doing mine this week as my gearbox is grinding while the bike is in nuetrol
Anything to report on this? Are all transmission parts accessible with the sump removed?

I had a Katana 600 at one point where everyone on the forums claimed that it was impossible to do any transmission work without splitting the cases, but I was able to do the shift drum and forks from the bottom.

Back