Hi from new member

JOEYB

Hi my name is Joe am 53 years old and live 20 miles north of Philadelphia I own an 06 which I have owned since new. First time owner of a Japanese bike.I worked for an Italian bike distributor for 24 years. Anyway its time to make some noise could anyone suggest a good slip on that won't break the bank.

Hi my name is Joe am 53 years old and live 20 miles north of Philadelphia I own an 06 which I have owned since new. First time owner of a Japanese bike.I worked for an Italian bike distributor for 24 years. Anyway its time to make some noise could anyone suggest a good slip on that won't break the bank.

Take a look at MIVV from PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider .... PJ is a fellow FZ1 owner, and a great guy... he's at a Indianapolis Motorcycle show right now, showing off some MIVV, Rizoma, and other products... but if you drop him an E-mail... he'll get back to you when he's back in town... as for the MIVV pipes themselves... they're top notch, and have removable "DB Killers" to quiet things down when you need to... have a look at his website, he's got plenty of pictures of different MIVV pipes installed....

Y.023.L2Sc.JPG

Y.023.L6S.jpg

Y.023.L2Sa.JPG

m_mv_Y023LC3_Z.jpg

Welcome Joey. Randy here in S. Florida. Went for a ride today. 78 degrees. Getting hot at the stop lights.

I have looked at the PJ exhaust too. That is on my list.

Hey Joe,
Welcome to the FZ1 site. There are a handful of good slip-ons out there, but unless all you want is more noise, you'll be putting out $500 or a bit more plus adding a PCIII to boot. The highest output I could find added about 7.5 H.P. and required a PCIII to correct the air/fuel ratio. Te last thing you want to do is open up the exhaust and start burning up pistons. A quick check on the net will give you some pics and choices. They have got expensive since I got into changing exhausts back in the 70's and 80's. Back then you could get a complete system for less than $200.

Hey JOEYB, I see we're neighbors. This wed, I'll recieve my yoshimura TRC slip on. 355bucks, free shipping. I got mine from kneedraggers, It's listed on their website for more dough, but I used their price match. The lowest price I've found was motomummy.com, but kneedraggers is closer to us.
Hey JOEYB, it looks like a nice day thursday, I'll probably go for a ride. PM me if you'd like to meet up and hear the yosh

Last edited:
Back