Hi new FZ1 owner

Hi There , just picked up my 2006 FZ1S in a gooo..rrgus Ocean Blue. What a bike! not disappointed in any way except for the fluffiness and reluctance to go at anything below 5 thousand revs. I was warned about this before I bought it, so whats the best mods? (on limited budget). If i replace the can will I have to remove the Ex up valve?

Congrats on the new ride! 06 in Ocean blue? Nice color, never seen one before. Post up some pics.

Best cheap pick me ups:
slip on
airfilter
If you don't have pollution inspections drill out the cat in the header while you're putting on the slip-on.
lose a few kilos by not carrying around any junk.
The above will lighten it make it sound a little better and will aid your confidence. If you want grunt then it's gonna cost you. Sorry :confused0024:

If you change to a slip on then you'll lose the exup in the exhaust. Only thing you need to do is tie the lose wires that activate the exup valve together. They'll be left hanging when you take the original torpedo launcher off.
The little motor in front of the battery under your seat will still operate and not give any error codes. But best to get rid of that motor as well and get a little exup eliminator plug. Cost $50-100. Think Graves and Ivan sell them.

Thanks for the help and I think I can run to the cost of a new can which should be a simple process. Will this help the problem or just give me a pretty sound and lose weight? When I work out how to post a piccie I will!

Welcome to the club Jimmy, and congrats on the new ride. Being the first year that they used fuel injection on the FZ, you probably know about some of the issues. Although I am not familiar with the Gen2 bikes, there are some electronic gadgets that solve those issues. They do cost some bucks but the end results, in my opinion, are well worth the cost.

Hi There , just picked up my 2006 FZ1S in a gooo..rrgus Ocean Blue. What a bike! not disappointed in any way except for the fluffiness and reluctance to go at anything below 5 thousand revs. I was warned about this before I bought it, so whats the best mods? (on limited budget). If i replace the can will I have to remove the Ex up valve?

As others have said a slip-on muffler will give you the best bang for the buck and you'll get rid of at least 4 or 5 kg.

I would remove the EXUP cables all together and not really leave them hanging around. You can access the EXUP servo motor to disconnect the cables by removing the front seat. You will need a 10mm socket to remove the motor and a philips screwdriver to remove the cover so that you can disconnect the cables. Do not remove or disconnect the servo motor itself, otherwise you will get the dreaded check engine light to come on.

:welcome: Jimmy!

Post some pics if you get the chance!

I removed the stock and put a TB on. I did take out the cables. Do the airbox mod and block the AIS too!

Back