Hi!

Hullo everyone! I am new but unfortunately I have to sell my FZ1. I also have TONS of OEM and aftermarket parts, accessories, tools, jackets, helmets, gloves, heated gear, etc. If anyone is interested. Located in the San Diego, California area.

I bought the bike new in 2008 and I've had a lot of fun with it, but my old body isn't holding up well enough to keep riding.

Any suggestions for a safe way to sell? I'm told craigslist and places like that are 99% scammers now......

This site is pretty low volume so you might not get many eyes on your gear. In a year of me being here your the first female I've seen post.

You'll get a lot more eyes on your gear on Adventure Rider although they won't have a ton of interest in a Gen 2. The problem with selling used as a civilian (non business) is it cost too much to ship.

I'm Facebook averse but that's where the younger folks mingle and live vicariously off the shallow lives of influencers. Maybe Facebook and Craigslist with purchases completed in Police Dept parking lot. Are there any police or secure locations left in CA?

Welcome and... see ya! 😄

I hate saying this but... I've had my bike ('07 as well) listed on CL for almost a year and only had one inquiry. I've never wanted to get involved with FB in any way but might break down so I can list it there. Also, don't underestimate the good old "For Sale" sign while parked in the driveway (if you have one)! I've had several folks contact me because they saw the sign...

Welcome and... see ya! 😄

I hate saying this but... I've had my bike ('07 as well) listed on CL for almost a year and only had one inquiry. I've never wanted to get involved with FB in any way but might break down so I can list it there. Also, don't underestimate the good old "For Sale" sign while parked in the driveway (if you have one)! I've had several folks contact me because they saw the sign...
These days I get more contact and better contact from Facebook Marketplace than I do with Craigslist - I tried really hard to use Offer-up but that is a waste of time - at least it was for me.

Yep, as much as I hate FB, their marketplace has supplanted Craigslist in many ways.
It is the main reason I have kept my FB account. I dumped Instagram a few years ago and it felt great.

For me FB is has more utility than all the other Social Media sites combined.

And FB is making some updates to the Marketplace that really improve it. Now when someone messages you about an item you are given a button to go look at their profile - in the past I would have to search for the user name and try to recall the tiny profile photo cause I was tired of compromised accounts from across the country pretending to be interested in a purchase. The most recent addition is a rating system for sellers. After you buy something you can rate the seller similar to how you do on eBay.

Back