Hm quickshifter

Yesterday I put a Hm Quickshifter on my bike.

w1st.jpg

What a thrill at upshifting :yes:

I'm using a dynojet quick-shifter on my FZ1 and LOVE it. Usually still use the clutch for under 5000rpm shifts but anything above is left to the quickshifter.

I'm no pro stunter but it also makes it REAL easy to shift during a wheelie:) One of the most enjoyable mods I've done.......... totally unnecessary but a whole heck of a lot of fun.

Last edited:
One of the things that's nice with the dynojet shifter is with the PCV you can set the ignition kill time different for each gear.
Bikes often need a longer kill time for the 1st to 2nd gear shift , that long kill time can make the shifts in the other gears feel hesitant and unsettling.

I'm not familiar with the HM shifter, does it allow adjustment of the kill time ? Can you set the kill time different for each gear ?

Does the dynojet quick shifter require the ignition module for use with the FZ1?

No it does not, you can kill just the fuel thru the PCV but it works much better ( smoother ) with the ignition module.

You can set the kill options to fuel, ignition or both with the PCV.

I think but am not sure that dynojet offers just an ignition kill box that wires to the coils as another option.

HM quickshifter rods

@ Gotfazed.. Hi I know this is an old post now but not to hot on navigation round these forums lol.. Ive just bought one of these for my 07 fz1 and was wondering what set up you used with regards to the shift rods.. Is it one piece with threaded bar either end or is it a couple of pieces together, any info would be great...
Regards Ben

@ Gotfazed.. Hi I know this is an old post now but not to hot on navigation round these forums lol.. Ive just bought one of these for my 07 fz1 and was wondering what set up you used with regards to the shift rods.. Is it one piece with threaded bar either end or is it a couple of pieces together, any info would be great...
Regards Ben

Back