Hot Deals On Riding Pants

Recon Viper 1

I read and responded to a thread by MotoPD on the "other" FZ1 forum about Sliders Quest pants and I'd like to add to that.

I responded that I had already put a pair of those pants in the Shopping Cart to keep them "On Hold", pending my placing the order. However, I was incorrect, I had actually placed a pair of Sliders All-Season pants in the Shopping Cart and I ordered a pair today.

I am currently watching 3 different pants being offered and think that all may be rated as "good deals" but the specs are all different and you can't just read the product description to get all the details as the retailers have left a lot out, you have to read the Customer Reviews as well to get all of the details and many of the Customer Reviews are conflicting.

SLIDERS WATERPROOF KEVLAR QUEST PANTS: $99.99

37238_9.jpg

Sliders Kevlar Waterproof Quest 2.0 Pants - Compacc

SLIDERS KEVLAR ALL SEASON PANTS: $99.99

38413_17.jpg

Sliders Kevlar All Season Pants - Compacc

SPEED AND STRENGTH HELL 'N BACK TEXTILE PANTS: $79.99

2009_Speed_and_Strength_Hell_n_Back_Textile_Pants_Black_Grey.jpg

Speed and Strength Hell 'n Back Textile Pants - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

You really DO HAVE TO closely examine what is textile and what has kevlar panels, what is mesh and what has mesh panels, what is water resistant/waterproof and you WILL HAVE TO read both the retailers description AND the Customer Reviews to get all the data.

I don't think any a a poor investment but some are better than others.

Sliders Kevlar All Season Pants

My Sliders All Season pants arrived on Friday, when I was in Austin, and I didn't have the opportunity to look at them until I arrived home tonight and I certainly haven't given them a thorough review.

I looked at the manufacturer specs on the web page and they said waist size 38 waist was "2X-Large" and the retailer and some of the customers providing feedback said they were sized a little small, so I ordered "3X-Large".

I tried them on as they had arrived and the fit at the waist was good, with both liners in place, and the standard length was good for a 6' 4" guy with long legs. I had considered the "Tall" size but the increasing inseam increments beside the increasing waist sizes seemed to indicate that I should stay with standard height sizing and I was right.

They feel a little bulky with both liners in place but the fit is good. I removed the thermal liner and it felt better but still not "lightweight". I noticed that the wind/rain liner seemed to pull out of the pants leg just by pulling the pants off but the locating loops may not have been done up properly.

I didn't think pulling the wind/rain liner out would be a good choice for this time of year but an examination shows that there is some kind of permanent, built in, "shiny" liner behind the mesh and I'm not sure how much it blocks airflow through the mesh. I took the wind/rain liner out so I could find out but haven't tried it out yet.

They have reflective piping down the legs, zippers to attach to jackets, pockets you can actually use and appear to be well constructed. The "padding" at the hips seems to be just some kind of foam and I am doubting how much that would help when needed. I can't identify where the kevlar is and can only go by advertising. The knee armor is located low when standing but in the correct place when "seated" and I can only hope it is where it should be during an "unload".

After a brief examination, they appear to be the real deal but they were advertised as being $199 pants offered at $99 though the catalog arriving with this order shows the 2011 version of the same at $139.

You pays you money and you takes you chances. I haven't had the opportunity to road test these yet but first inspections suggests they are a decent purchase for the money.

I will add more as soon as I ride test them.

Back