Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Four

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Five or more

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
How many helmets do you own?

I have three helmets.

1.) Scorpion EXO-700: fits my head well, but I rarely use it any more.
2.) Shoei Multitec flip-up: I love the flip-up feature, helmet is top notch, but I've recently replaced it with a summer helmet.
3.) Nolan N 43 Air Classic N-Com: Shipped from Europe, as this model is not imported to the US. I love this helmet and wear it almost all the time.
Nolan N 43 Air
N43air.jpg

Last edited:
Currently my only helmet is my Shoei RF-1000. I had a Scorpion EXO-700 prior to this helmet. The Scorpion just didn't work well for me... it did not fit my head shape well and the "everclear" visors were a bunch of crock and quickly fogged up. My Shoei is 100 times more comfortable and I bought a pinlock visor system for it that truly solved the fogging issues. I sold the Scorpion soon after buying the Shoei because I knew I would never wear the Scorpion again. I like the RF-1000 so much that I bought one for my fiance as well and she loves hers too.

I got three.

My main helmet is a Vega that bas blue tooth built in for calls/music and a slide down sun shield. I hardly ever use the blue tooth stuff just nice to have.

My second helmet is an old HJC that really is just a bit too big but still keep it around.

My last helmet is my speed racer style open face helmet for when I am feeling invincible.

I always have 2 helmets for myself around, and I keep 2 in my wife's sizes.... One s typically 2-3 years behind the other... my thinking is that if I do something to one helmet, I'd like to have a backup... same for my wife... Every 4 years, a new helmet gets purchased and the older helmet goes to the trash.... no need to keep around a bunch of old helmets...

I have 3 but 2 are cruiser helmets, my FZ helmet is a HJC CL-15, too much wind noise but i'm keeping it. I replaced a Nolan when I bought the HJC. I love to go around looking for the best helmet but I see no point in getting the claimed best.
My jaw dropped when I saw a helmet in my bike store for $1000 YIKES!!!! SHOEI

I have 4.......

Scorpion EXO400

Arai Quantum

HJC AC11

And a Bell Mag8 which i've worn a few times in the 95+ degree heat this summer.

I have four, the BMC I got with my first bike, a blue cheap modular helmet that I bought to see if I liked the flip up helmet--I don't--that matches the blue on my bike, a yellow Icon that replaced my old white Icon, and a yellow HJC that replaced the yellow Icon.

The BMC is for when my nephew rides with me, the blue modular my niece and brother use, and I use the HJC with the ICON for backup.

I've had the HJC CL-SP since January and it has taken me until now to realize I like the fit of the Icon better! I'll probably get another Icon this winter and toss the old one since it's falling apart. The glued bits were coming loose. I guess I shouldn't've left it in the garage! I wish Icon still made the matte yellow helmets.

I have 3 useable Helmets that fit me, A Suono, and 2 Shoei (RF-1100 and Hornet DS). One old one (Shoei RF-900 Elite) that I will put up on a shelf in the Garage when it is all finished, just to remind me of the 80's.

Hornet.jpg

RF-1100.jpg

Suomy.jpg

RF-900Elite.jpg

Halo.jpg

Just threw that last one in to see if anyone was paying attention.

Last edited:
I voted 4 because technically I do own four. I have two KBC VR-2s, one for me and one for Wife. I now have two Shoei RF-1000s, one for me and one for wife. My old KBC stays at work and gets used for test rides, etc. Her KBC stays at the house for a spare. The Shoei's are our primary lids.

I race cars so I need to update my lid about every several years. The helmet I use now is a Shoei RF-1100. The only time I were the other lids is when I have concern about scratching it. Things like riding quads in the woods. Instructing are racing schools. Walking around car and bike shows... That sort of thing.

For a afternoon ride on the backroads, I will always grab the RF-1100.

AW

2 GMax GM68 helmets, they are super light and were only $110 a piece and came with a tinted shield, bag and has a light on the back of melmet, and also comes with a tinted piece for the rear light.

Back