How to change the front sprocket on Gen II ?

I don't have a Gen II, but I would think that the info contained on Pat's page would be a very good source of information.

Stock gearing for a Gen II, 17/45 (2.64 ratio)? Are you trying to access the powerband faster by dropping 2 teeth in front (15/45 [3.00 ratio])?

If it matters to you, you might also want to install a speedo-healer to correct for the difference in MPK/KM traveled. Otherwise you'll get high readings for speed/distance. KMH, might not be that bad because it gives you the illusion that you are traveling faster than actual (buffer for the police) but KM traveled will hurt the resale value of your ride.

BroHay

Same principle as ya link mate follow that and you should be ok, i didnt use a speedo healer and found it would touch the limiter in top showing about 176 mph but obviously its not a true speed reading

Great thanks, I think I wont have to remove the foot peg assembly like the Gen I, just the remove the gearchange linkage arm.
stonesie: so...wassit like for power wheelies in the first 3 gears? cos at the moment it doesnt lift more than an inch on full acceleration, though it even lifted in 3rd yesterday ( after i drilled a 3rd hole in the main cat, gone through about 4 masonary drills, they keep melting, lol cant find a long HSS drill anywhere )

lifts like mad, ive gone back to 17 teeth over winter, fitted some r1 velocity stacks instead of kicking in at 10000rpm it seems to be smooth power from 6500 to the red i havnt had a dyno run though....... i have an 06 r15vy engine im fitting , im out of work at the momment but im hoping to fit it soon!!!!!!

Great thanks, I think I wont have to remove the foot peg assembly like the Gen I, just the remove the gearchange linkage arm.
stonesie: so...wassit like for power wheelies in the first 3 gears? cos at the moment it doesnt lift more than an inch on full acceleration, though it even lifted in 3rd yesterday ( after i drilled a 3rd hole in the main cat, gone through about 4 masonary drills, they keep melting, lol cant find a long HSS drill anywhere )

its easier to unfasten the linkage if ya undo the footrest hanger, its awkward with the link rod running through the frame, you have to take it off compleatly to remove the sprocket cover!!

Back