How to launch your FZ1?

Eric Lawson

Ugh just a curious question guys. If any of you were sitting at stoplight and another bike pulled up beside you wanting to race, what would be best way to launch bike from dead stop? I'm no drag racer and i'm not saying anyone should be racing anyone, especially on a public street, wink wink, ha! Was just curious is there some specific RPM and method of letting clutch out that seems to work nicely with our FZ1? This of course assuming all bikes here prob have an aftermarket exhaust and are all makeing about the same HP. Surely some of you know how to perfectly launch this beast, lol.:flash:

As the opposite light turns amber, wind up the throttle steadily to 7000rpm. On green, slip it off the line trying to get the clutch out asap while keeping the revs between 6500-8000 and without 12 o'clocking it. The front should hover. Keep the rear brake covered just in case the nose goes north. Don't park your mass on the rear of the seat. Try to keep your weight loaded on the pegs and a little on the tank and bars.

Wow 7000rpm! Yeah i would be rather nervous about the front coming up. I plan on lowering front and rear so maybe that will help keep fron tire planted. I feel that the FZ1 can pretty much hang with any bike at least in the .8th mile given it has a good rider.:p

Back