Hows this look?

They are asking too much. I suggest being patient and looking for a good deal. Took me three months to find mine and I am glad I waited.

Looks good. Prob get it for around 4k. I got mine with over 3k in add-ons that I love for 4,400. Although mine did have 30k mi on it it looked brand new. Couldn't have been taken care of any better. No regrets.

I'm betting you can buy it cheaper.....I got mine (03) for 4K out the door with 3K miles on it.....Not a steal, but it's a "unmolested" perfect bike.

whoa, i actually didn't notice the milage. for some reason i though this bike at this shop had around 9000 miles. 18k is a ton in my opinion. i'll hve to think more about it. thanks for the input everyone

I wouldn't worry about the mileage at all. If they can come up with some kind of maintenance record and maybe an oil change and some new skins I'd bite. If they won't include new tires and an oil change, offer around $4000. She looks like a fine example of a Gen I that has been kept stock which can be worth some cash all by itself.

Last edited:
whoa, i actually didn't notice the milage. for some reason i though this bike at this shop had around 9000 miles. 18k is a ton in my opinion. i'll hve to think more about it. thanks for the input everyone

18k is absolutely nothing for this bike... I've got over 40k on mine... there's a lady out there that has almost 200k on hers... ... 18k is barely broken in.

18k is absolutely nothing for this bike... I've got over 40k on mine... there's a lady out there that has almost 200k on hers... ... 18k is barely broken in.

X2..I have 20 k and she's just broken in. That old standard thought of that being "high" mileage is long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my 2003 FZ1 with over 60,000 miles at the beginning of the year and I just saw the new owner on it the other day. Mileage is inconsequential. :)

All Pro way overprices their bikes. If you look around you can find much better deals. I just sold an '07 with 14k for $5000 this spring. The spring rush to buy is off. If you can't get that bike for under $4000 out the door walk.

I've gotten the salesman to agree to 4200 w/new front tire because its really close to its end of life. I took it on a test drive, tis much nicer than the gen2 FZ6 i tested. I decided i would give it a day or 2 to mull it over, and may head back with my ninja 500 for trade in this week,

I've gotten the salesman to agree to 4200 w/new front tire because its really close to its end of life. I took it on a test drive, tis much nicer than the gen2 FZ6 i tested. I decided i would give it a day or 2 to mull it over, and may head back with my ninja 500 for trade in this week,

Are you talking $4,200 WITH the trade-in???, and is that price OTD??

no, not with trade in. I mentioned i had a bike that i *may* trade in, but didn't get into how much since i didn't have it with me. also better to ge the price fixed on the new bike first. (with new front tire dont forget)

no, not with trade in. I mentioned i had a bike that i *may* trade in, but didn't get into how much since i didn't have it with me. also better to ge the price fixed on the new bike first. (with new front tire dont forget)

Now that's how you do it! Get a fixed price on your potential purchase, then talk about a trade, since they are 2 separate deals/transactions. GL with your purchase.

Back