I ain't skeered of no salt

Isleoman

Site Supporter
New England saw a dusting of white stuff two days ago. When I say dusting I mean no observable snow on the ground. Didn't deter the town salt trucks from throwing salt everywhere. Intersections were lathered in the stuff, total over kill.

Impacts my early winter riding in that more caution is required on the mixed in sand , but it won't prevent me from riding when ever temps are above 45f. One of the nice things about owning an old Gen 1 is I don't really care about some salt getting on the under parts. Just rinse stuff off every few days.

Are you skeered of salt getting on your precious?

On my fz1 nope, it is ment to be used and enjoyed. My other bikes, no salt will be touching them. Or rain for that matter.

Are you skeered of salt getting on your precious?

We get the same response here in VA, but our crews lay down a brine solution prior to any actual snow, followed by gravel should there be the slightest accumulation.

Not skeered, but I really don't like it, especially since it's often accompanied by the gravel.

I will usually only do it if it's been awhile since I rode and I need my "fix"...

We got 2" of snow last night in central New England. It's almost melted now. Back to hiking for a while till conditions improve.

I keep my beady little eyes on those around me,

Sadly my Number 1 enemy is "usually" holding the handle bars. Most of my get offs over 50 years, have been self inflicted.

Got out today in the 43 f. sunshine.

Back