I broke Servo Motor mount screw

dduck

When tightening the screw when re-attaching the servo motor it broke off:doh2: :rant:

should I replace the whole bracket or grind off the machined in nub; drill a hole & insert a new screw?

Hi dduck, Now you have a good reason to remove the EX-UP servo motor, put on a Slip-on pipe and muffler and get a Graves EX-UP eliminator.

If you want to keep the servo intact, you could probably find a good used one on ebay, or maybe even here seeing how quite a few have been eliminated. If you remove the servo, there is a plug that will fool the ECU into thinking it's still there. It's up to you. I take it that you were in the process of installing a new muffler, right? Most riders keep the servo on the bike because it's easier and in the event a reversal of eliminating a can replacement is needed, it's much easier than puting one back on.

If you want to keep the servo intact, you could probably find a good used one on ebay, or maybe even here seeing how quite a few have been eliminated. If you remove the servo, there is a plug that will fool the ECU into thinking it's still there. It's up to you. I take it that you were in the process of installing a new muffler, right? Most riders keep the servo on the bike because it's easier and in the event a reversal of eliminating a can replacement is needed, it's much easier than puting one back on.

I don't think his actual servo motor is broken. Rather he snapped off the one bolt holding it in place. If you removed the cables and just want to keep the motor plugged in to prevent the engine light from coming on then maybe you can just zip tie it in place for now.

Back