I goofed

papaageorgio

Over the winter months I installed CopperDawgs flies and was happy with them. Some time later the check engine light would come on shorty after start and then would go off after 5 er so min. Slowly after adding 200mi give er take that blasted dumby light stayed on so yesterday I went in to see if my connection was loose, bad servo er something. Once I opened the AB I see the cd flies were sitting at about 10 degrees open. Long story short the rod holding the flies seems to have carmel stuck inside the assembly. I tried cleaner some wd40 and even flash burned with a tourch to try and ment the hard stuff without hurting anything and all I did was make it angry. Being able to disconnect the lever from the servo side and pulling the flies to full open I figured lets try that. No more error 48 since the servo can move now and pulls hard if not harder than before the problem started. Now running Duke's Perfection Map and more or less zipped flies witch ill take out later on a rainy day. Ill take pics and maybe a short vid to show the gunk I susspect to be the locker that I didn't wipe off when taking out the stock, but I think this was a blessing in disguise and won't run with any flies from now on.

I'm aging myself a little here but we used to use a solvent called Toluene. If that stuff is still available - it rocks! Meaning it will eat through any "gunk" on the planet.
That might do the trick. LOL. Then at least u could sell the flies if u don't want them. :)

After I play with no flies ill prob sell the cd 1s. I was in a hurry to see if no flies would be better than none before I get serious about solvents. Ill look see if I can find Toluene and wait for a rainy day to give the scooter some tlc

Toluene is available at Ace hardware under their brand name "Tolulol." I bought some a couple years ago.

Will our bikes run well without the flies being in there?

Why even have them if they are not needed?

What are they for?

I'm aging myself a little here but we used to use a solvent called Toluene. If that stuff is still available - it rocks! Meaning it will eat through any "gunk" on the planet.
That might do the trick. LOL. Then at least u could sell the flies if u don't want them. :)

Hi thepopularjock, Toluene is also an octane booster something like 104 OCTANE BOOST you buy and put in the gas tank if your trying your bike on a Drag Strip. Maybe like 20 or 50mls per litre of gas?

I bought my bike with a leo pipe and pc3 so I wouldn't know what a stock bike performs like or what would change if all you did was zip the flies as your only mod.
Some more techy than me peep should be able to help you there.

Hi thepopularjock, Toluene is also an octane booster something like 104 OCTANE BOOST you buy and put in the gas tank if your trying your bike on a Drag Strip. Maybe like 20 or 50mls per litre of gas?

That is cool.
I manage a pharmacy and I see first hand how many things have 2 or more uses. Nitrous Oxide still trips me out. LOL :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Back