I may have broke something

Life of the chain and sprockets directly correlate to the owner's maintenance. Some on here have gotten well over 20k on a set. I agree with Billy too... when replacing, get all three new.

Also, do NOT get a chain with a clip-master link! Not for a 1000! Riveted master link only to deal with the stress of this HP.
this is also recommended by most chain manufactureres

Thus far my chain is still in good shape after 32500km. Regular cleaining and greasing are key words for a good lifespan of this part.
I've had to thus far adjust the chain slack only once, and although I'm not a wheelie nutter, I do take off often pretending to be a race nutter :sport12:

For me, I like to change sprockets and chains as a set. If I'm installing a new chain, I like to have new sprockets as well. With proper maintenance and lubrication you should get much more than 9500 miles on a set. Also, depending on how you ride. Guys that are jumping off the line like a Moto GP Start, or the wheelie guys, aren't gonna get the same lifespan.

I do jump off the line just about every chance I get. When I stopped caring about gas mileage I started to get a little more aggressive. I clean and lube the chain every 500-750 miles and after any time it gets wet. There are no significant signs of wear on the chain and sprocket. I'm figuring it will be about 15000 miles when I replace everything to do the wheel swap

Thanks for the info guys

Back