I now have a push bike

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
Was riding today and the throttle was get a bit stiff with minimal movement. Attributed it to the routing of the throttle cables, rerouted, and problem went away.

Rode another few miles and when I pulled the clutch in, the bike went wide open.

Anyone have some tips on troubleshooting?

Bummed, because I was going to take a bike back up north with me.

Everything operates smoothly. Im just thankful i was fartin around and not on any major roads. The kill switch got used a bit today.

Should note that i have not synchronized carbs yet,or adjust tps sensor. Will also note that my speedo would jump from 20ish to 0 and then back to speed a few times today as well..... popped the side cover off and reconnected my cables to my speedohealer as well as the back of the gauge cluster.

Last edited:
Hey Adam, I don't know if you have changed the routing of your cables or not, but if your Gen 1 is anything like my Gen 2 they don't leave much of anything in the line of excess and they route everything in a manner that you end up with just enough slack to get by. I'd make sure the radius on all your bends alow smooth cable operation and the cables are lubed with the right stuff and not frayed anywhere. And check you spring (s) on the carbs to make sure they are OK as well. I doubt it's anything difficult or expensive.

well, timeline (as usual) has been pushed again to where I'm still sitting. I called the local shop to see what it might be if I were to bring the bike in and have them finish up where I just don't have the time (b/c I now have 3 buildings to build before the snow comes).

I was just quoted 300.00 plus parts if needed, with the above mentioned, and said "there is no f'in way I'm going to pay that for some troubleshooting and a carb sync. It is not that I can't do it, it is the time available to do it.

Guess I'll have to find some other reason to spend 300.00 (because it sure is not going to be for them to fix it......)

And I'm not the only one because more people are saying that they are not going to pay those kind of prices for troublshooting.....

Back