Installing Gear Indicator--Got Color Codes?

I am trying to install a Datatool DiGi-Gear Indicator, but the color codes I have turned out to be incorrect. Thought my 400-page manual would have the info, but meter wiring was not included. Five connections needed: Ground, 12 V, Neutral Light, Tachometer Pulse and Speedometer Pulse.
I am sure I have all but the last two located in the group of wires that supply the bike's meters.
Anybody got a factory manual that would be willing to look up the color codes and functions of this small group of wires?
I even thought I could figure it out with my old PC Scope (an oscilloscope that attaches to a computer for display), but I no longer have a computer with the needed parallel port!
I have guessed my way close to the goal, but the device is just not getting the needed tach and/or speeed information.
This is my first post here. Looking around the Forum, I have been impressed by the depth of knowledge...

Will try that

Thanks very much for the info. The first reference looks to be full of clues. I will give it a try. The Data Tool site seems to be a mess; no reference found for my specific machine and, when I picked something I thought was close, the device supported changed to a shift light.
Truth is, from reading the reference, I may be looking at the wrong wire bundle. May have time to find out tomorrow...

Back