Installing streetfighter bars

I'm trying to install a pair of Renthal Streetfighter bars on my '08 FZ1 and my brakeline comes up too short.

I do have 1" lower risers than factory and the bar is 755mm W, 100mm rise, and an 80mm sweep back.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's done this mod (or attempted it), what brakelines have people bought to make things fit?

Thank you ahead of time,
Jay

I'm trying to install a pair of Renthal Streetfighter bars on my '08 FZ1 and my brakeline comes up too short.

I do have 1" lower risers than factory and the bar is 755mm W, 100mm rise, and an 80mm sweep back.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's done this mod (or attempted it), what brakelines have people bought to make things fit?

Thank you ahead of time,
Jay

That's what you have to do. I went with a HEL 2 brake line set-up 2 replace the stock 3 line system. You do have the option of replacing just the single brake line from the master cylinder to the spliter attached to the bottom triple clamp which is the least expensive option. However, I prefer the feel of the brakes much better with HEL brake lines.

Partially what I'm looking for, 2 or 3 line setup. I'm thinking 2 line might be better.

I'm also looking into lower rise bars, maybe some Ultra-Low Road's or some Off-road Carmichael bars.

Once I get the Fz8 lamp on the bike, I may just go clip ons, but I'm not 100% on that one yet.

Back