Is Silica All the Same ?

Two Wheels

Gents:

Sometime ago there was a nice thread about getting rid of the buzzing taht comes from the instrument pannel. Took the front apart, ready to apply "silica" generous amount to fix the buzzing.

If I go to home depot or wal mart or whatever, do I just pick up any bottle of "silica" to use on motorcycle ? Silica to adhear to plastic ?

Is all Silica the same ?

sorry, dumb question but thought I would ask ...

thanks

Sort of. Get something like the DAP Alex Plus that is meant for doors and windows and is mildew resistant. Shouldn't cost more than 3 - 5 dollars. They may even have it in squeeze tubes if you don't already have a caulking gun.

Apply liberally and be sure the part is fitted properly then use some duct tape to hold it in place overnight. Peel in the AM and put the windscreen back on and you *should* be vibration free.

Note! Some riders are now complaining there's a new vibration where the inner and outer fairings touch?

Well you don't need any fancy silicone since it wont be subjected to hi temp or anything like that. You can get either black or clear in case a little comes out from the edges.

Back