Is this an issue? Foot clutch lever feeling.

mrjessehlee

Hello peeps again,

I have 08 FZ1n 15000km with ottimoto rearsets .

This is the only fz1n I ridden and I don't know if it is because I have aftermarket rearsets or not but get this feeling on my left foot everytime I change gears hard without "heel and toeing". It feels like something is sticking, its not so much of a clunk but feels like two metal colliding..

It sounds so bad when I write it down here like this but yea.. lol
When I shift soft its not there. When I shift with "heel and toe" the feelings not there.

Any one had a similar feeling on your left foot? Or is all FZ1 like this and am I just paranoid?

Any comment would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance peeps!!:sport12:

I might have been explaining the symptom all wrong and in a weird way. haha

Let me rephrase that LOL :drools:

The clunky feeling is always there every time I shift anywhere under 2500 rpm. especially when I'm up shifting. does anyone get this feeling?

I might have been explaining the symptom all wrong and in a weird way. haha

Let me rephrase that LOL :drools:

The clunky feeling is always there every time I shift anywhere under 2500 rpm. especially when I'm up shifting. does anyone get this feeling?

Only when its cold, and only when going from neutral to 1st, but that's fairly common.

Really though shifting under 2500?!?!? :poke:

I thought I was gentle to go to atleast 3300

Yeah man, I feel the same thing. Though only to first usually and like the above said I rarely ever shift under 2500. Sorry, maybe I am hearing you wrong.

Only when its cold, and only when going from neutral to 1st, but that's fairly common.

Really though shifting under 2500?!?!? :poke:

I thought I was gentle to go to atleast 3300

Yeah man, I feel the same thing. Though only to first usually and like the above said I rarely ever shift under 2500. Sorry, maybe I am hearing you wrong.

LOL! but I get the clunk thu all gears not just from N to 1st haha

Am I paranoid? or is this even a problem? :confused:

Not sure what oil, all I got is a service record from the previous owner about 6 months ago and I lubed the buggery out of all the linkages I could see :)

Change your oil to a quality synthetic and take it for a ride. Even if you don't fix the issue, you now have fresh oil. If you don't know what's in there or when it was changed, you should just for the sake of knowing where you stand :)

Change your oil to a quality synthetic and take it for a ride. Even if you don't fix the issue, you now have fresh oil. If you don't know what's in there or when it was changed, you should just for the sake of knowing where you stand

In my 30 yrs of riding, I have not seen anything so basic that makes soo much of a difference as changing to a good synthetic oil. And like Dustin says, that way you know what you got.

I have tried many types, and have settled on Rotella T-6.

Good luck and let us know if it improved things for you.

Last edited:
I think I found out what was causing that "clunk"

It just was the chain finding its place when I'm not shifting gears at the right position.

Chain tension is correct.

Changed the oil to full synthetic PENRITE 10w40 oil anyway too.

Does anyone get this "clunk" too if you change gears under 1500 rmp? (I know I shouldn't change gears at this low rpm)

Cheers!!

Back