Its to hot to ride

Sounds like you got some good deals on all that stuff. And yes the heat isn't going to let off anytime soon this Summer. Warm Winter and Hot Summer that's for sure!

I had a couple of Integra GS-R's back in the day. Fun little cars. Handled well, were plenty fast and still had decent fuel economy. Only problem with them was that thieves liked them too much. Good luck to Richie with his ride.

Sounds like you got some good deals on all that stuff. And yes the heat isn't going to let off anytime soon this Summer. Warm Winter and Hot Summer that's for sure!

I had a couple of Integra GS-R's back in the day. Fun little cars. Handled well, were plenty fast and still had decent fuel economy. Only problem with them was that thieves liked them too much. Good luck to Richie with his ride.

I know. My first order of business is to have an alarm system installed that cuts the ignition. That, and he'll be using my Club as well. Hopefullly the bad guys will move onto something else.

YES, Thank you!

I just bought some lighter gear to try to keep cool. The heat doesn't really bug me much when I'm moving. It's deadly in traffic, though.

I bought my Aplinestars Stunt Leather for Fall and Winter (liner stayed out) in February when I bought my 2008. For Fathers Day (and Summer) I just bought the Mesh version. I was so sick of sweating all the way home in rush hour traffic at 95 degree weather. 105 in the CA Central Valley (and no breeze) is horrible.

The leather Stunt & liner will be great in the cold. Gloves and boots are next. :shine::shine::shine:

dump water into your helmet, and soak your clothing in water. then go for the ride the air will dry you out and help you stay cooler.
but this does not work so well in 95% humidity.

I have an alpinestars trc1 textile jacket that has great airflow with the liner removed. Rode for 6 hours saturday and about 5 hours sunday with temps in the mid 90's and it was fine unless you get stuck in stopped traffic. Once it gets over 100 degrees the heat from the road gets pretty rough but there isn't much that can be done about that.

Well I tested out both the Long Johns and Cooling Vest today. I rode for 3 hours and came home as cool as when I left.

I soaked the vest in cool water for about 3 minutes before leaving the house. I lightly squeezed out the excess water and then used a paper towel and dabbed it all over once. Yes, the vest does get a bit heavy once fully soaked, but it was never a problem for me during the ride. I also waited until I was ready to pull away before I put it on.

The Long Johns worked great. They aren't one of those things that you put on and magically become frigid. Your legs just DON'T get hot. Not even my right shin which usually gets really hot after about an hour on the bike. They truly "push" the heat away from your skin, leaving you cool and dry.

So as the bike was warming up, I threw on the vest and then my Mesh Jacket. You immediately feel a refreshing coolness on your entire back. Not once did I feel "clammy" or "Damp" while wearing the vest. Once you get out on the parkway you really feel the affects of the vest. Your entire core stays very cool. You know it works because you can feel the hot air on your arms. The difference is huge. They should make one with sleeves! I had made up my mind that I wouldn't reload it with new water for the entire trip to see just how long it stayed cool. I stopped at the 70 mile mark to top off with gas. I was still feeling exactly the same way when I originally left the house. The next 70 or so miles were basically the same. While you don't have that "initial coolness" like when you first put it on, you never feel any heat whatsoever, and zero discomfort. By the time I got back home it was pretty hot out, not over 100 but well into the 80's. I felt just great, and I HATE HEAT!!! Anything over 75 degrees is too hot for me.

In closing, this is going to be a hard combo to beat for the rest of the summer! I'm very happy with it, and you only need to carry a bottle of water or two to charge it back up. As for people saying that their shirts were wet when they took it off, it was so slight in my case that it wasn't an issue. Heck! my tee shirt would have been way wetter had I not been wearing the vest and had been sweating the whole time. I'll deal with the "lesser of two evils" anyday!

So all you guys and gals have my two "Thumbs Up" on both the vest and the long johns. Don't ride out another day in discomfort!:Rockon:

stop moaning were still waiting for summer

534843_10151008568479826_1590286118_n.jpg

582189_10150932731051547_979248136_n.jpg

Hahaha!! Luke, you could have our summer buddy! Take it all pal. I'm perfectly happy with 55 degree temps! You could always put more clothes on, but there's only so much you could take off!

Well I tested out both the Long Johns and Cooling Vest today. I rode for 3 hours and came home as cool as when I left.

I soaked the vest in cool water for about 3 minutes before leaving the house. I lightly squeezed out the excess water and then used a paper towel and dabbed it all over once. Yes, the vest does get a bit heavy once fully soaked, but it was never a problem for me during the ride. I also waited until I was ready to pull away before I put it on.

The Long Johns worked great. They aren't one of those things that you put on and magically become frigid. Your legs just DON'T get hot. Not even my right shin which usually gets really hot after about an hour on the bike. They truly "push" the heat away from your skin, leaving you cool and dry.

So as the bike was warming up, I threw on the vest and then my Mesh Jacket. You immediately feel a refreshing coolness on your entire back. Not once did I feel "clammy" or "Damp" while wearing the vest. Once you get out on the parkway you really feel the affects of the vest. Your entire core stays very cool. You know it works because you can feel the hot air on your arms. The difference is huge. They should make one with sleeves! I had made up my mind that I wouldn't reload it with new water for the entire trip to see just how long it stayed cool. I stopped at the 70 mile mark to top off with gas. I was still feeling exactly the same way when I originally left the house. The next 70 or so miles were basically the same. While you don't have that "initial coolness" like when you first put it on, you never feel any heat whatsoever, and zero discomfort. By the time I got back home it was pretty hot out, not over 100 but well into the 80's. I felt just great, and I HATE HEAT!!! Anything over 75 degrees is too hot for me.

In closing, this is going to be a hard combo to beat for the rest of the summer! I'm very happy with it, and you only need to carry a bottle of water or two to charge it back up. As for people saying that their shirts were wet when they took it off, it was so slight in my case that it wasn't an issue. Heck! my tee shirt would have been way wetter had I not been wearing the vest and had been sweating the whole time. I'll deal with the "lesser of two evils" anyday!

So all you guys and gals have my two "Thumbs Up" on both the vest and the long johns. Don't ride out another day in discomfort!:Rockon:
is the heat out gear work on the same premise as underarmour which is really expensive I need something under my leathers to make them easier on and off and to cool me since I am like you and pretty much hate anything over 75.Also remeber when choosing the lesser of two evils you're still choosing evil!!:sinister:

is the heat out gear work on the same premise as underarmour which is really expensive I need something under my leathers to make them easier on and off and to cool me since I am like you and pretty much hate anything over 75.Also remeber when choosing the lesser of two evils you're still choosing evil!!:sinister:

Yeah, same premise only much cheaper. CycleGear has both tops and bottoms for half off right now.

Back