Ivans FCE question

Delta

So I've had my bike on the rolling road and its tuned up quite nice. The only thing bugging me is the fuel cut is still there when changing through the first few gears. The lag is doing my head in when I throttle off change gear and throttle on again. As I've had my ECU tuned by Geoff at Hilltop motorcycles im wondering if the Ivans FCE will still work on my bike.. Can someone answer my question or point me to Ivan etc.

Cheers guys

I don't think what you are describing is caused by fuel cut. The snatchy throttle caused by fuel cut generally happens over 7000K rpm when you back off the throttle and then get back onto the gas again at high revs.

It sounds like you might have driveline snatch caused by a loose chain, play in the throttle cable etc.

Ivan no longer sells his FCE as his new ECU flash has made it all but redundant. I think it is still available in the UK though through his resellers.

I don't think what you are describing is caused by fuel cut. The snatchy throttle caused by fuel cut generally happens over 7000K rpm when you back off the throttle and then get back onto the gas again at high revs.

It sounds like you might have driveline snatch caused by a loose chain, play in the throttle cable etc.

Ivan no longer sells his FCE as his new ECU flash has made it all but redundant. I think it is still available in the UK though through his resellers.

It's definitely fuel cut when I'm changing gear, it is at higher rpm. I don't ride with a loose chain fella. I back the throttle off change gear and for a split second, there's no power then it kicks in with a snatch and a bang from my shorty gp micron pipe. If I change slower or do a quick clutchles change its not so noticeable. It's such a git on big roundabouts and leaned over in the country lanes. I hate that lag.

Thank you for the better explanation of your problem.

Wouldn't Geoff be the fellow to take this problem to?

If the ECU has been flashed then the fuel cut should have been removed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you for the better explanation of your problem.

Wouldn't Geoff be the fellow to take this problem to?

If the ECU has been flashed then the fuel cut should have been removed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hi there again, I'm not sure if Geoff does the fuel cut fix to be honest. I think I will give him a call in business hour tomorrow. The problem really does piss me off mate. I do ride hard and when your up in the revs cranked over in a bend or giving it some on the large roundabouts it's a fk pig when you change up as your exiting and the power cuts then kicks in. I fear the rear breaking loose or spinning up into a slide lol.
Yep I will call him tomorrow and see what he can do. He is a 200 mile round trip though so I'd best make sure he can solve the problem eh? Failing that it's going to be a Ivan's fce. Geoff got my ride up to 150bhp at the rear wheel so I need it sorting as it's potentially dangerous coming out of a fast bend eh?

I know exactly where your coming from , I experience the exact same glitch to the point of thinking of selling it ,
I find it worse in 1st & 2nd gear the rest of the time if I'm smooth on the throttle it's ok but as you say can catch you out .
I don't have any trouble further up the rev band so didn't think it was fuel snatch ?,, I did reluctanly think about the Fce but not keen on chopping the loom plus I read of some bringing on eml lights under certain conditions ..
I did contact geof myself but he is 5 hours from me & couldnt promise anything ! Keep us posted on your findings delta

Hi there again, I'm not sure if Geoff does the fuel cut fix to be honest. I think I will give him a call in business hour tomorrow. The problem really does piss me off mate. I do ride hard and when your up in the revs cranked over in a bend or giving it some on the large roundabouts it's a fk pig when you change up as your exiting and the power cuts then kicks in. I fear the rear breaking loose or spinning up into a slide lol.
Yep I will call him tomorrow and see what he can do. He is a 200 mile round trip though so I'd best make sure he can solve the problem eh? Failing that it's going to be a Ivan's fce. Geoff got my ride up to 150bhp at the rear wheel so I need it sorting as it's potentially dangerous coming out of a fast bend eh?
Any updates? Are your fuel cut problems fixed?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Any updates? Are your fuel cut problems fixed?

Sent from my Nexus 5
Hi there fella.
Geoff has done a firmware update that does fix this problem plus a few other bugs etc. I need to go and get my ride updated ASAP. The small problem I have its a 130 mile ride 260 round trip and its February and its freakin cold ha ha. I work all week and only have the weekend to do it. I will be planning to go and get it done soon though. I will report back when ive done it fella.

Back