Ivan's Jet Kit for 2005 FZ1

Hey everyone,
Got a quick question for you. I was looking at installing Ivan's Jet kit Part # FZ-0102SO on my 2005 FZ1. I asked a local shop about it and they said they wouldn't recommend installing a jet kit on my bike because my bike has a throttle body and the jet kit would not give me anymore power or performance. I was curious if anyone out there has a 2005 and if you have installed a jet kit on your bike? Did you notice any difference? Would you recommend I install one on my bike? Even if you don't have a 2005 I would appreciate some feedback.

I know there are several posts here about how to install a kit if I do want one. Thanks in advance for any advice and input.

Hey everyone,
Got a quick question for you. I was looking at installing Ivan's Jet kit Part # FZ-0102SO on my 2005 FZ1. I asked a local shop about it and they said they wouldn't recommend installing a jet kit on my bike because my bike has a throttle body and the jet kit would not give me anymore power or performance. I was curious if anyone out there has a 2005 and if you have installed a jet kit on your bike? Did you notice any difference? Would you recommend I install one on my bike? Even if you don't have a 2005 I would appreciate some feedback.

I know there are several posts here about how to install a kit if I do want one. Thanks in advance for any advice and input.

I'm a bit confused??? If you have a 2005, then there is no throttle bodies, your bike has 4 carbs. You can certainly install Ivan's kit in that bike or any other quality jet kit for that matter.

All bikes from 01' to 05' are basically the same. On my 01' I had Ivan install his kit made for a slip-on and stock air filter. The bike ran so much nicer! No dead spot at 3K and smooth linear power all the way to redline. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

Hey everyone,

I'd go look for a different shop to do the job. Their lack of knowledge about the bike seems obvious...

Thanks for the reply's. I was a little confused myself about the whole thing. I do have an aftermarket slip on exhaust. A Delkevic mini exhaust. I have some pictures attached.

Thanks for the reply's. I was a little confused myself about the whole thing. I do have an aftermarket slip on exhaust. A Delkevic mini exhaust. I have some pictures attached.

So thats good and the bike WILL benefit from the jetting for sure. Ivan has a kit that is made for use when the bike has a "slip-on" and uses the "stock" air filter. That's the one I had installed and the difference was amazing. Like I said though, there are other kits out there that work just as well. It's just a matter of which one you choose. I can only speak for Ivan's since that's the one I ran.

Without removing the carbs, you can look to see if the plugs on the adjustment screws are drilled... And on the top side, you can check the nedles and springs by lifting the tank and removing 2 screws on the black plastic tops of the carbs....

With the carbs off the bike and open, it's glaringly obvious by jet sizes, float height, etc etc.

Back