Jet kit? should I do it?

I would suggest that you if you have the funds to definitely go ahead and get it done. The kit is not that expensive and if your mechanically inclined, and have the tools, you can have it finished in one afternoon. The difference is amazing when done properly. You won't regret it. Throttle response is improved, as well as that 3k stumble that the early Gen1 bikes suffered from.

don't do anything for right now.... If I had more time, I'd do a full write-up right now.... but that's not the case... so I'll do the full writeup later... or, if you look around on the forum, you'll find some of my jetting info from earlier... the long and short is : you buy a jet kit, you're wasting a TON of money... the required parts of a jet kit can be had for just a few dollars.... my method can save you roughly $100.

That's a great write up. Few questions:
1) Is there any benefit on doing this with the stock exhaust?
2) Is the factory set up too rich at the high end? (Air box mod + smaller mains = more air and less fuel at high rpm... I think..)
3) Have you dyno'ed this set up?

Thanks.

1) Yes. It'll be smoother, make more power, and 9 times out of 10, the "buzz" between 3.5-6k will go away.
2) Factory is set up way too rich up top. But don't just think that you're making the bike run leaner... you're also changing the settings on the mixture screws, and raising the needles ...
3)I have dynoed with this setup.... but I've done so many other mods as well that the #'s wouldn't be relevant really... but... with this jet kit, timing advance, airbox mod, ported boots, LeoVince Exhaust, and 15/47 gearing, I pulled 146.8HP down at Wheeler's Performance down by Deals Gap.

Back