Just picked up FZ1, just wondering a couple things...

Hello all, I just picked up an 08' FZ1. My first motorcycle of this type, I usually stick with super-sports but I saw this beaut and couldn't resist. I have two complaints though, what the hell is this thing where a headlight should be? (Joke) coming from a background of gsxr 1000s and cbr954s the front fairing could be the ugliest thing I have ever seen. haha also, what were they thinking with that exhaust? So I'm sure many of you are running different exhausts and a swapped for a "streetfighter" style headlight and I'm just wondering what you suggest? I noticed what looks like an exhaust actuator or o2 sensor right by the muffler does this lead to problems installing slip-ons?

Thanks for the info!

Daniel

You can convert the FZ1 to the naked FZ1N using a factory kit. Yamaha didn't sell the FZ1N here in the US. You can get the kit here:

Euro Style FZ-1 Headlight Conversion Kit With Radiator Guards from Part Shark Catalog

As for hte exhaust...yea, a good number of us are probably running some sort of aftermarket slip-on. There are many choices out there. And that device that you're referring to is a flap (EXUP valve) that's used to control sound. You can safely remove it when you replace the stock exhaust. No drivability issues afterwards, but make sure you leave the servo motor that control it plugged in.

You can convert the FZ1 to the naked FZ1N using a factory kit. Yamaha didn't sell the FZ1N here in the US. You can get the kit here:

Euro Style FZ-1 Headlight Conversion Kit With Radiator Guards from Part Shark Catalog

As for hte exhaust...yea, a good number of us are probably running some sort of aftermarket slip-on. There are many choices out there. And that device that you're referring to is a flap (EXUP valve) that's used to control sound. You can safely remove it when you replace the stock exhaust. No drivability issues afterwards, but make sure you leave the servo motor that control it plugged in.

Are there any other alternatives to the factory kit? I have fabricated things before so that's not a problem.

There are also body work alternatives. Copper Dawg and Magical Racing screens, different radiator covers or full bodywork. You could also consider a chin/belly pan help tie the stock fairing in a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24,000... (Unless you're off-road... :) )

It's hilarious to read some of the attempted translations coming out of China on any product instruction manual...

Back