Kaoko Throttle Lock?

MrHix

Searched and didn't find any threads with comments on this throttle lock sold by Twisted Throttle. Has anyone tried one? It looks good, but before I plop down the bucks, I would like some feedback.

Thanks,

MrHix

Throttle meister makes something about the same but without the spin lock with the peglike edges, it's all internal. Still over a hundered, but nicer looking. This one you'v found's a bit less ergonomic I believe. Theres also an item called the throttle rocker, more a hand palm aparatus to help cruise without all the grip pressure/numbness. The two bar-end type put presure against the throttle-tube to hold in place but are said to be able to be overcome if the throttle is closed by hand. Sort of like the old Harley throttles where they didn't have return springs, mabe 70's and before.

I've got the Throttlemeister which works great, replaces the stock bar ends perfectly and come in a variety of types, i.e. ploished, wrinkle finished, fluted, etc. It's as simple as unscrewng the original bar ends, checking the supplied washers for best fit, and installing the new bar ends. The thing flat out works and holds the speed as long as you're on the flats. If you go up or down hills, your speed will vary but otherwise, it allows you to give your right hand a break on long rides.

Thanks for the info on the Throttlemeister. I'll give it a look too. I have a throttle rocker (old style) and like it, but I want to be able to take my hand off the bars to stretch it out, read the newspaper, text message, etc. ;-)

Cheers,

MrHix

Throttle meister makes something about the same but without the spin lock with the peglike edges, it's all internal. Still over a hundered, but nicer looking. This one you'v found's a bit less ergonomic I believe. Theres also an item called the throttle rocker, more a hand palm aparatus to help cruise without all the grip pressure/numbness. The two bar-end type put presure against the throttle-tube to hold in place but are said to be able to be overcome if the throttle is closed by hand. Sort of like the old Harley throttles where they didn't have return springs, mabe 70's and before.

I've had the Throttle Rocker before. I used it on a trip from Portland, Oregon down to So Cal. It works great on the freeways/highways and allows you to increase or decrease speed wit just the weight of you hand. It's kind of like power steering for your throttle. It keeps your wrist from aching on those long interstate jaunts. You shouldn't use it on city streets or heavy traffic. You will find yourself giving it too much throttle and parking your bike in someone’s trunk if you're not careful. I usually rotate it forward and down when not in use, than roll it back up under my palm when back up to speed. I have one under the seat of my FZ1 just in case I find myself on a long super slab getting from point A to point B and my hand starts falling asleep.

I also had a Harley with their friction device similar in concept to the Throttle Meister but screwed in from the bottom and you adjust it with your thumb. It is good for allowing you to relax your death grip on the throttle. It's the best when you want to let go altogether to adjust your jacket, sunglasses, GPS etc. and not drop your speed. If you travel in a group, you will find yourself constantly making slight adjustments of the throttle to keep the proper distance from you and the bike in front of you. Same thing goes for going up and down hills. You can also use the friction type throttle devices to raise the idle speed for warm ups or tuning or ??

They both have their pluses and minuses. If you do a lot of constant speed touring either one is great. One is cheap and easy (like my ex) the other is more costly and less complex (unlike my ex) once installed.

I was thinking of getting the Throttle Meister or similar for a trip I have coming up in June.

Steve

Get Throttlemeisters...they can be mounted on different bikes and they last forever ! I bought my T-Meisters damn near 5-8 years ago and they've been on every bike in that time frame. They're worth every cent...

Back