LED running light?

firefly

Has anyone successfully installed high power LED on the bike without it being too ugly? I am thinking of installing a switch to turn the headlights off in day time and installing a high power LED flood light to save the charging system the strain of two 55 watt lights that are not terribly visible.
any ideas or photos greatly appreciated.
Thanks

LED running lights installed

Finally installed the day time running lights & switched off the main headlights, they seem more visible than the headlights on low beam in day light, each unit is 12 watt 700 lumen output, they are not for night time use as they are flood lights, a yellow film can be used on them for more visibility, no hint of blue to the light 6000K light temperature/color. very low power consumption vs headlights
12watts X 2 / 12 volts = 1 amp vs 55watts X 2 / 12 = 9.1 amp.

Last edited:
Hello from Russia. I think about additional lights too. Hella Micro 70 LED much more expensive then FX but have hardened glass lenses and all wiring harness, button and relay. What about mounting kit for FX?

a wire, a rely & switch = $15.00 they do not justify a $300+ price at all, I see Hella mounting is identical to the FX, if you want to install it like I did you'll have to drill holes in the fairing.

Note: these are day time running lights not night time lights, they will blind on coming traffic & will not produce enough light on the road, installing a HID system is great for night riding.

a wire, a rely & switch = $15.00 they do not justify a $300+ price at all, I see Hella mounting is identical to the FX, if you want to install it like I did you'll have to drill holes in the fairing.

Note: these are day time running lights not night time lights, they will blind on coming traffic & will not produce enough light on the road, installing a HID system is great for night riding.

Sadly for me, but they are not sent to Russia. Here's another that I found
Duallys (Set of two) :)

I am impressed with DDM tuning LED day running lights, they get you noticed & stand out from other headlights, I recently encountered a bike with similar LEDs with yellow caps, it was visible in broad day light from one long city block, very impressive, I found yellow film on ebay and stuck it on the LEDs I have, I would say they are 3 times more visible in day light. BUT still people turn without looking & pedestrians step on road crossing without looking at oncoming traffic.
The battery is now able to get a full charge from short trips & volts never dip under 13.4 even with fan on.
I encountered many motorcycle COPs with my yellow lights & was never stopped for using them, one even complemented me about them.

Don't forget to post photos after installing them with some review.
Thanks
Hello. Sorry but the pictures are not very good. The location of the light is temporary. In the spring I'll do it another way - close to the rear view mirror.
Was with them in one trip. Headlights in the daytime does not blind people - no one blinked distant light for me. At night, there is no experience. Season is almost over.

Last edited:
Nice, any closeup photos? they look very bright, which ones did you use?
you can also apply a removable yellow film to them, it makes them stand out even more.
the more visibility the better.
If you plan on relocating them to the fairing you must reinforce the area or else the fairing will crack from the vibration, don't ask me how I know

SRM2 Driving
I'll do the drawing and will place an order at a local factory and custom-made mounts for LED and I want to install together mirrors mounts.

Last edited:
Just another suggestion, if you're just using them for day time riding, you can also make them function as turn signals using a ready made diode circuit.

I am impressed, is the price for a pair or each? how do they perform as driving lights at night?
2 pcs $142.49 for each + $51.55 for shipping. Also a waste of money to mount for a different model of motorcycle Varadero, do not come to my plastic. Сurrently installed on these mounts and clips attracted to the crashbars

Last edited:
Back