Let's see your Wheelie Pics & Vids

I personally love this sort of thing. I never possessed the skill nor the balls to pull off a good wheelie but can sure appreciate those that can. There are many however that will not appreciate this at all. Especially that last picture. Let the thrashing begin.

Feel Free to post yours....
Lets also keep the negative comments to a minimum.
This is a safe place... ie, "TROLL-FREE ZONE"

I have no problem with guys doing wheelies, I do them myself, just not in traffic and hopefully no one posts pictures of that. It looks like you found a traffic free zone to do yours and that is great! I find empty parking lots or dirt lots, but then I have a different machine.

I personally love this sort of thing. I never possessed the skill nor the balls to pull off a good wheelie but can sure appreciate those that can. There are many however that will not appreciate this at all. Especially that last picture. Let the thrashing begin.

Some might and although I cringe when I see bare skin, it is his skin to risk, there is no law against it, so he isn't breaking any laws (forum or otherwise). As long as comments don't get heated and personal, everyone is entitled to their comments on a public forum. Anything nasty or pictures of illegal activity(ie: wheelie through traffic) will get cleaned up.

Now if I could just get brave enough to shift gears while doing a wheelie. Pictures might have to wait until next season, and the only picture I have is more of a tiny power lift.

Last edited:
I have no problem with guys doing wheelies, I do them myself, just not in traffic and hopefully no one posts pictures of that. It looks like you found a traffic free zone to do yours and that is great! I find empty parking lots or dirt lots, but then I have a different machine.

We have an old power plant access road that sees only a few cars per day, no traffic at all, perfect for screwing around :)

I am kinda glad someone decided to post this -

I have a stockish Gen II with stock gearing.

I weigh about 150-155 depending on a lot of variables like everyone else's weight.

So stock gearing is 17/45 on a Gen II correct?

What sprocket are you ladies and gentlemen running? I can not get my wheel off the ground (It does feel feathery though) without ripping the clutch.

I know there is the famous dropping to a 16 in the front - but is that night and day difference? Will I be able to find a balance point and have the torque to maintain it in say... 3rd gear?

I do a lot of highway riding at 55 or 70-75 MPH speeds, so when I know I will be commuting I will switch the sprocket out if need be. Is it so bad to be hanging in 5.5-6k RPM instead of around 4 anyway? The bike does not even liven up until it is at about 6.8ish and doesn't ripp until it past 7.5 anyway. Then again, neither does my Jetta 2.0 and I don't want to let it run it over 4.5K either.

Thanks!

I am kinda glad someone decided to post this -

I have a stockish Gen II with stock gearing.

I weigh about 150-155 depending on a lot of variables like everyone else's weight.

So stock gearing is 17/45 on a Gen II correct?

What sprocket are you ladies and gentlemen running? I can not get my wheel off the ground (It does feel feathery though) without ripping the clutch.

I know there is the famous dropping to a 16 in the front - but is that night and day difference? Will I be able to find a balance point and have the torque to maintain it in say... 3rd gear?

I do a lot of highway riding at 55 or 70-75 MPH speeds, so when I know I will be commuting I will switch the sprocket out if need be. Is it so bad to be hanging in 5.5-6k RPM instead of around 4 anyway? The bike does not even liven up until it is at about 6.8ish and doesn't ripp until it past 7.5 anyway. Then again, neither does my Jetta 2.0 and I don't want to let it run it over 4.5K either.

Thanks!

I'm running a +1/-1 setup, and yes, THAT is a night and day difference. I did the -1 front first and it was nice, but this is better. Highways RPMs.... im still at around between 4500 and 5500 at average highway speed, so its not too bad. But with this gearing, it will pull the wheel off the ground in first and second with just a roll on, with neutral riding position (not sitting way back).

I clutch up wheelies when I intend to hold them because I can reach balance point at a lower speed.

Doing the -1 front swap is cheap and easy, i'll say go for it, as you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
I'm running a +1/-1 setup, and yes, THAT is a night and day difference. I did the -1 front first and it was nice, but this is better. Highways RPMs.... im still at around between 4500 and 5500 at average highway speed, so its not too bad. But with this gearing, it will pull the wheel off the ground in first and second with just a roll on, with neutral riding position (not sitting way back).

I clutch up wheelies when I intend to hold them because I can reach balance point at a lower speed.

Doing the -1 front swap is cheap and easy, i'll say go for it, as you will not be disappointed.

Would you mind explaining a little bit more what is -1 and +1 and what piece you need to do that ? I might be interested, does it change a lot the fuel consommation since you seems to be higher in the rpm on highway ?

Basically it give you more torque ???

Would you mind explaining a little bit more what is -1 and +1 and what piece you need to do that ? I might be interested, does it change a lot the fuel consommation since you seems to be higher in the rpm on highway ?

Basically it give you more torque ???

a7x3797 dropped 1 tooth on the front and added one tooth on the rear sprocket. Hence the -1 and +1. Fuel consumption does go up with the lower gearing at hi-way speeds. When I dropped 1 tooth on the front sprocket, my mileage stayed about the same for my riding.

My FZ1 will power wheelie, but if I want a slower wheelie, it requires some clutch.

Back