Let's Talk Mirror Options

rossy

Hiya All,

So I'm relatively new on these boards, but have started doing some mods to my 07 FZ1, and I'd like to find some snazzy mirrors that don't stick out as much as the stock mirrors. I tried the Pig Spotter 2's, but they are a bit too narrow and provide very little visibility at all. I ride through downtown LA traffic everyday, and the stock mirrors get annoying maneuvering through cars, with SUV and truck mirrors that jet out so much. So I'm hoping you guys might have found some great mirror options that don't stick out as much as the stock mirrors, but still provide decent visibility for safety reasons. I did a search for mirrors but didn't see many posts about them, apart from bar end mirrors, which would stick out even further and not be the greatest for lane splitting (despite looking sweet).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! By the way, I'm loving the community (and wealth of info) on these boards already! :)

Cheers,
Rossy
Update: I dug up a couple older posts and found some possible options. Someone had replaced the stock FZ1 mirrors with R1 mirrors, which are a little shorter and sharper looking, but this was on a Gen I. Does anyone know if R1 mirrors can be swapped for Gen II? Another option I saw mentioned, albeit a bit pricey, are the Rizoma mirrors, but I do not have the naked FZ1. Does anyone know if the Rizoma can be fit onto the US FZ1 stock handlebar. Other handlebar mounted mirrors may work too (not bar end though), but haven't seen anything specific about fitting them to the FZ1.

Last edited:
Been looking for something that looks better than the stock set myself. Had the same difficulties though. Not many of the aftermarkets I've found have anything near the OEM quality. If anyone has something that's worked well please post pics too so we can all get a good look.

there are a bazillion mirrors on ebay that look like this:

ZW-RM-1272LEDCF-JY.gif

they are all around $50. does anyone have these? according to the specs, they appear to be about 2 inches shorter than the stock mirrors. i'll post others if i come across any other options. hopefully some others on the boards will have some suggestions.

I already have seen those mirrors, i´m thinking on getting them but if you remove the front turn signals there´s a hole to fill, and if you keep the turn signals it looks like a lory :p

Back