Li Ion batterys

3B43

Any of you guys put one of these in your bike? A buddy of mine made a few from 24V DeWalt batterys (he has 'em in his Ducati and H-D) and gave me one to 'try' . . . . said if I want it, he'd charge me $100. Benefits, other then the weight?

What kind of Li cells is he using? The lithium batteries for vehicles are typically LiFePo4.

Aside from significantly less weight, they are much smaller, and hold a charge longer.

In the added space you can pack in Power Commanders, blenders and a microwave. Very handy...

I have an eight cell on the FZ, and a 4 cell on the R6. They work great!

What kind of Li cells is he using? The lithium batteries for vehicles are typically LiFePo4.

Aside from significantly less weight, they are much smaller, and hold a charge longer.

In the added space you can pack in Power Commanders, blenders and a microwave. Very handy...

I have an eight cell on the FZ, and a 4 cell on the R6. They work great!

Pretty interesting! You could have more capacity too - for running accessories/lights, etc without risking killing your cranking battery... with two separated batteries within the same space.

where did you source those Pete?

The battery he gave me is 4"x2"x2.5" and weighs nothing! Yeah, in the space where the stock battery is, I can put this + lots of stuff! Is there any DOWN side?

Back