Long time - No Post: Brother having problems with Gen 1 Bee.

The other day my brother rode his bike home and it felt weak. He got home and felt the pipes and found out the number 1 pipe was frost cold. He replaced the plugs (found out the #3 plug wire was loose) and it would still miss on #1. Over idle it would clean up a bit, but it was still bad. Fast foward 8 hours and it seems decent at idle but when you get into the power it gets the bad stumble.

I said gas. First things and easiest thing. Suggestions?

The other day my brother rode his bike home and it felt weak. He got home and felt the pipes and found out the number 1 pipe was frost cold. He replaced the plugs (found out the #3 plug wire was loose) and it would still miss on #1. Over idle it would clean up a bit, but it was still bad. Fast foward 8 hours and it seems decent at idle but when you get into the power it gets the bad stumble.

I said gas. First things and easiest thing. Suggestions?

You can rule out the spark plugs now that they have been replaced. Has the bike sat around long enough for the gas to go bad and plug one of the pilot jets (or some other orifice inside the carburetor)? Easy enough to drain the tank and put some fresh gas in there with some Seafoam to see if it helps. I guess another potential culprit could be a coil going bad...

Back