Loosenut's 1st trackday

Did my first trackday yesterday at Sonoma Raceway.

[video=youtube_share;FGPjiYYKoKs]https://youtu.be/FGPjiYYKoKs[/video]

[video=youtube_share;_JYbOnT7Pkg]https://youtu.be/_JYbOnT7Pkg[/video]

Last edited:
My wife is awesome. She watched my video with me and asked what a normal track day cost and said that we should be able to swing a few a year. And seeing that we are trying to be debt free other than the mortgage, it's nice she supports my motorcycling habits.

Last edited:
Mike, great to see you jumped into the track foray! Congrats and I hope you had a blast!

As far as the Wife letting you do it, that's awesome. Eventually she'll be telling you she wants to go with you and it will cost you twice as much like it costs me! Adding the Wifey to the equation really upped the track day costs! Now it's her that tells me when SHE booked it for US to go!

As far as giving up time in a few corners on your first ever track day, give yourself a break. You and the bike came home in one piece which means YOU WON THE TRACK DAY! The speed will come. Safety is paramount as I don't think any of us have a career in RoadRacing on the line. Except Johnny of course who keeps working on it.

If you ever find yourself on the East Coast looking to do a day or two let me know. I'll give you the spare room and we'll go tear it up! Just beware the Wifey on her Ducati!

Awesome videos!

Brian

Mike, great to see you jumped into the track foray! Congrats and I hope you had a blast!

As far as the Wife letting you do it, that's awesome. Eventually she'll be telling you she wants to go with you and it will cost you twice as much like it costs me! Adding the Wifey to the equation really upped the track day costs! Now it's her that tells me when SHE booked it for US to go!

As far as giving up time in a few corners on your first ever track day, give yourself a break. You and the bike came home in one piece which means YOU WON THE TRACK DAY! The speed will come. Safety is paramount as I don't think any of us have a career in RoadRacing on the line. Except Johnny of course who keeps working on it.

If you ever find yourself on the East Coast looking to do a day or two let me know. I'll give you the spare room and we'll go tear it up! Just beware the Wifey on her Ducati!

Awesome videos!

Brian

Thanks Brian, I had a good time. Luckily, my wife only has an off-road bike, but she understands my passion for riding. She has nursed me through many injuries including the broken neck and back.

I'm a racer at heart, so I always criticize my riding and how I will improve. Hell, I have this killer line I use in my car on my way to work. I just can't help myself.

Next track day, and I will run with the A group. I'll definitely do much less passing, but I'll be able to learn from the others.

Back