Lost my modding virginity- akro slip on.

Fz1fighter

As the title suggests, I fitted a cut down, carbon Akro hex slip on. It's the first time I've ever done my own mods to a bike, and I'm addicted!!! So here's a pic of the new pipe. Love it!!! :cloud9:

Next on the list-
AIS blocking
16/47 sprocket set
Bars/risers/extended cables

Lots of Km's over summer. Then possibly a colour change over winter.

By then ill probably need an R1 front end, better rear shock, etc etc

Holy crap there goes 3k : oops: and im keen on an 04+ R1 tail swap too hahaha

That looks great. I fitted the titanium version and I am well pleased with it- great look and a sweet sound - and I think I can detect better performance across the rev range. Akrapovic quality is top notch.
Modding is addictive, but also very satisfying. My next mods will be to fit Hel brake lines and Yamaha heated grips - but that will be next year.

Hi thinking of fitting a slip on myself. Did you drill out the cat?

I wouldn't drill the cat out, save the money for some nice headers.

That way if/when you get stung by the Cops/EPA for a loud exhaust and your bike has to get checked, you'll have your stock system to put back on.

I wouldn't drill the cat out, save the money for some nice headers.

That way if/when you get stung by the Cops/EPA for a loud exhaust and your bike has to get checked, you'll have your stock system to put back on.

Totally agree.

Look at the mods list I have done in my Sig & you'll see I'm also addicted. I've on my second slip on, I still have the GYTR carbon slip on sitting in a box in the shed.

Arrow headers are on the way....

With the amount of money I've spent on mods, I could have bought a damn nice second bike. Maybe next year???? Maybe not......

Back