Lots of cen-tex people on here. Maybe it's time...

We should all meet up sometime in the next couple of weeks and go riding. I'm waiting on new tires to get in before I do anything too nutty. But that'll be resolved by monday (hopefully) :). I don't mind if it's a long ride, or just meeting up somewhere and doing a ride out lime creek, 1431 or some other road you guys know about. I'm free on weekends, and weekdays after 5.

We should all meet up sometime in the next couple of weeks and go riding. I'm waiting on new tires to get in before I do anything too nutty. But that'll be resolved by monday (hopefully) :). I don't mind if it's a long ride, or just meeting up somewhere and doing a ride out lime creek, 1431 or some other road you guys know about. I'm free on weekends, and weekdays after 5.

If you get out west a little, I'm here near Bandera and usually go out in the 3 Sisters area but I do go other places.

After 5? Until near sunset but I'm not up to dodging deer any more. They change their minds too much.

apparently I need more coffee...Put my LED post in the wrong thread..Someone wanna move this to What did you do to your FZ1 today for me please. Oh yeah...you can delete this post too.

Last edited:

We already have a ride planned. About 8 - 10 people are signed up to go right now.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/11026-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-12-a.html

We already have a ride planned. About 8 - 10 people are signed up to go right now.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/11026-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-12-a.html

Yeah, but his chances of finding a room are going to be slim with one major and two minor rides going on in the same town and on the same weekend.

Pretty late to get into the game but I certainly wish him good luck.

I do hope you are right about "8 - 10 people are signed up". Big rides with too many unknowns make me nervous.

I was in Leakey today and I have never seen it so green and gorgeous and the sheer amount of wildflowers is amazing.

I think DPS is importing Harley riders from other areas to slow down traffic.

Ran into a guy from Missouri with a fully laden Beemer and he said he was waiting for his friend. He was trying to say that his friend was being held up by.......... and I said "Harleys". He confirmed.

Friend, with a Beemer Adventure bike all loaded out, arrived and said he was behind Harleys all nervous in the service when they had to deal with curves but said they took off like no ones business when the road straightened out.

I know the feeling.

Yeah, but his chances of finding a room are going to be slim with one major and two minor rides going on in the same town and on the same weekend.

You are correct - It's starting to get packed. However, I would recommend sending Jeff (Pyrogenic) a PM and ask him if there are anymore rooms available. We have all agreed to double up (2 beds to a room) to accommodate everyone.

I do hope you are right about "8 - 10 people are signed up". Big rides with too many unknowns make me nervous.

I imagine you are talking about large groups riding together? I see your point. Plus we got very lucky last year because there was only 3 of us and we were all basically in the same ballpark as far as speed. There was never more than 2 seconds between any of us and we did not ride slow (did not ride crazy either) - just kept a good, steady pace.
Anyway - The reason I am suggesting that the thread starter contact Jeff is because last year we had about 12 people signed up and the last week - people dropped like bricks! That always happens at a group gathering.
So if it were me - I would contact Jeff and see if anything is available.

Last edited:
You are correct - It's starting to get packed. However, I would recommend sending Jeff (Pyrogenic) a PM and ask him if there are anymore rooms available. We have all agreed to double up (2 beds to a room) to accommodate everyone.

I imagine you are talking about large groups riding together? I see your point. Plus we got very lucky last year because there was only 3 of us and we were all basically in the same ballpark as far as speed. There was never more than 2 seconds between any of us and we did not ride slow (did not ride crazy either) - just kept a good, steady pace.
Anyway - The reason I am suggesting that the thread starter contact Jeff is because last year we had about 12 people signed up and the last week - people dropped like bricks! That always happens at a group gathering.
So if it were me - I would contact Jeff and see if anything is available.

I'm not worried about me. I reserved a room over at the Woodbine (around the corner from the Hill Country) as soon as I knew the Hill Country was full up.

I volunteered somewhere, although not my first choice, to offer space in my room to a late comer to the party. Offer still stands as gesture to other riders in need but I'm just as happy by myself. Don't get sorry for me being lonely.

My concern about large groups that I have not ridden with is that the guy pulling drag may have a testosterone fueled vision of leading into the next corner. Me, I'm all for order and discipline and a coordinated ride but I see too many riders out here in the Sisters that want to set a new course record.

I volunteer for trail.

Last edited:
Back