lowering suspension front and rear

mamat

I just took delivery of my new 09 FZ1 last 10 days, would like to know if the bike suspension can be lowered ? is it possible coz Im jusy 5ft 4in in height
can anyone help me I need advice:(:(:(

Yes you can. They sell lowering links for the rear and as for the front, you only need to raise the forks up more through the triple trees. Do a search here as there is a post from Eric (FZ1inNH) who had just lowered his wifes GenII. You can find some info there.

Hi mamat hope your engoying your FZ1. I have lowered my front 8mm, raising the fork legs in the triple clamps. The fork legs have a smooth finish then changing to the slightly rougher finish below the bottom triple clamp. I wouldnt lower the front any more than the smooth machining, measure the travel, fender to horn and brake line its close. Front & rear = 130mm. My rear end lowered 12mm. I brought 2 rose joints from our Sprint Car & Midget Car racing shop. I turned up large side washers to keep the rose joints verticle on there ball and threaded a 25mm shaft internally to 5/8'' UNF. Both ends are right hand threads. Its set it on the bench, fit it, NON ADJUSTABLE on the bike. The nuts and shaft just fit inside the link plates. Lowering the rear rakes the front forks back alittle and changes handling. Im 5' 7'' short, got the comfort seat but don't use it much cause its about 1'' higher. I cut 12mm out of the lower part of my side stand and welded it back up also removed my centre stand cause the pivet is wrong and its harder to get it up on the centre stand. 1mm longer on the link = 3mm lower.

Last edited:
Mamat: I think you should just let the ride height be normal, I am 5'3 and been riding FZ1s since 2008 and I am fine with it. Just use one leg when you stop in the lights.... Just like Pedrosa did. Enjoy Riding from your Bro in Brunei..

Do not go with soupys link they have had some brakage problems ask Papageno go with a solid non adjustable lowering link if you wnat to lower it

I am your same height and I lowered mine 2" in the rear and 1.75" in the front. I have a soupys adjustable on right now but, have recently ordered a 2" solid link from cycleoneoff. The adjustable is nice because you can set it right where you need it. Geno's thread made up my mind to go solid. My soupys will be for sale when my other link comes in.

Back