Master Cylinder

3B43

While scoping out the R1 fork posts, I see where many of you have swapped MC's, which greatly improved braking 'feel', something of which I'm VERY interested! Is there a one MC that you guys would recommend, or any R1/R6 MC would be an improvement? How 'bout a Brembo MC?

The R1&6 are made by Brembo but I imagine one of thier aftermarked units would be awesome as well. Your stock rear mc is also made by Brembo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question as well. I now have HEL Lines on my GenI with EBC Pads and stock calipers. So can I assume that using an R1/R6 Master Cylinder would be an improvement over my GenI stock M/C, or do you only reap the benefits when switching over to the R1 Forks with Radial Calipers???? Just curious, thanks.

I've been surfing ebay and looking at MC's . . . . . besides $$$$$$, what's the REAL difference between an R1 MC and a new Brembo MC, besides the adjustable part?

I've been surfing ebay and looking at MC's . . . . . besides $$$$$$, what's the REAL difference between an R1 MC and a new Brembo MC, besides the adjustable part?

Mostly it's the size of the internal piston diameter and stroke. With the aftermarket Brembo you get much more braking with much less lever effort. They move more fluid volume...

The 04+ R1 and 06+ R6 master cylinders are made by Brembo as well, but have smaller internal pistons. They are still way better than the stock FZ1 non radial master cylinders...

Mostly it's the size of the internal piston diameter and stroke. With the aftermarket Brembo you get much more braking with much less lever effort. They move more fluid volume...

The 04+ R1 and 06+ R6 master cylinders are made by Brembo as well, but have smaller internal pistons. They are still way better than the stock FZ1 non radial master cylinders...

I just correct a mistake.

A smaller piston has a stronger braking but requires a larger displacement of the lever. So I would say that the 16mm FZ1 piston is too big, it is better to install the R1 04-06 which is 14.

+1 they are so much better, it's not funny.
My braking power increased dramatically after installing a 2007/2008 R6 MC.

Can I just upgrade the MC assembly to a 2007/2008 R6 MC and leave the front brakes as is? Would that be worth it John?

The one you want is from an 05-current R6 or an 04-current R1.
These ones are Brembo radial units and they work extremely well.

They are a much better MC than the stock FZ1 MC so they should work better in theory.

My own experience was going from stock FZ1 to R6 MC while using 07 R1 6 pot brakes and the 07/08 R6 MC made the brakes way more powerful.

The one you want is from an 05-current R6 or an 04-current R1.
These ones are Brembo radial units and they work extremely well.

They are a much better MC than the stock FZ1 MC so they should work better in theory.

My own experience was going from stock FZ1 to R6 MC while using 07 R1 6 pot brakes and the 07/08 R6 MC made the brakes way more powerful.

Ah cool, I'm bidding on an 06 R6 MC.

Back