Maybe moving to Northern California. Is it worth it?

I wouldn't...

The year round riding and great motorcycle roads are one thing but that's one plus for a lot of negatives.

Such as, having to deal crazy people like this (Californian) woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09mDPE5CKf4

My brother lives in San Fran (with his wife and kids)... where the median how price is a million dollars now. Sure, lots of people make 6 figures there but that's like making $40,000 anywhere else.

California is an example of what happens when the government leans a little too far left.

To all my California Motorcycle owners,

I'm considering a new job in Richmond, CA. I've always loved California as a visitor but most people I know who grew up in California hate it.
As a two wheel enthusiast will I have a hard time with a modded bike (shortened header no cat, shorty pipe fairly loud, fuel controller)? Are the taxes, laws and politics really that bad as people make it out to be? How happy are you living in CA? If you are north Ca resident, what's it like to live there? I figure it can't be much worse than living in Indiana. I really miss mountains and the sun.

Thanks in advance.

There are all kinds of different people and places here in CA. It's like three different states, all in one state, with NorCal, Bay Area / Central Valley, and SoCal all being a little bit different and different things to do - with different types of people, etc. Most of us here save our stock parts in case we get hassled or a fix-it-ticket, but it's not a problem if you don't act crazy in crowded places, just hit the backroads and mountain country to open it up, etc. I've lived back east growing up and been here in CA through my teens and adult life. Also,have been in 49 of the 50 states. Don't listen to the haters who don't live here any more as people have all kinds of reasons that take them different directions for different personal or financial or employment or political reasons. We have all kinds of people here and you'll find yours once you settle and look around. If you secure a decent job and find an adequate place to live, start there and look around once you get here and give yourself time to adjust and meet new people. People I work with move from all over the US and on average it seems to take many the first two years to adjust and find their pocket of friends and time to experience different parts of the state. There are car, motorcycle, and group meetups and clubs of motosport enthusiasts all over the state and we ride all year long in some of the most amazing places there are in the US to drive and ride. Being into sports cars, dirt motorcycle racing, and street motorcycles myself for too long, I can honestly say it's provided me and my surrounding family and friends to be able to meet some of the coolest people and make great friends over our lives here. You can live in the city areas or move out to the outer skirts of any city or somewhere in between and experience all sorts of different things here. It varies wherever you go and traffic is a pain in crowded city areas during rush hour periods but this is not much different than any of the large US cities. I have retiree friends who have left CA for retirement and personal reasons and some who came back for a while because they missed it so much. Wait till you meet up with a group of friends and start riding NorCal within the Sierra Nevada or El Dorado national forest areas, it's really something. Good luck on the new job if it works out for ya.

Hi Everyone. First off thanks again for the helpful insight. I accepted the offer yesterday. Moving in July! So excited! Now I just have to find an apartment and maybe a track day. :)

Hi Everyone. First off thanks again for the helpful insight. I accepted the offer yesterday. Moving in July! So excited! Now I just have to find an apartment and maybe a track day. :)

Congrats!!!

As an outsider that's been to California a few times, I couldn't be more jealous. It really is a beautiful place

Back