mivv can

i was wondering.i've got a 2008 fz1 after getting it i fitted a mivv carbon gp can.it looks & sounds great but does anyone know what the 2 coke can sized pipes are for on the link pipe?

Picture would help -- I have one for a Gen I and the only thing that I can think of are for the fastners that hold the pipe onto the midpipe in addition to the exhaust hanger..

that is the only thing that I can think you are referring to -- but then a picture would help....or did I mention that already....

BroHay

i was wondering.i've got a 2008 fz1 after getting it i fitted a mivv carbon gp can.it looks & sounds great but does anyone know what the 2 coke can sized pipes are for on the link pipe?

:eek:Oh No! Don't tell us that you didn't install the two coke can sized pipes!!!! Oh my God!! Lord help you!!

Actually, I am not sure what your talking about either.:D Post a pic of what your talking about. Billy.

Now that I know what you are referring to, I still don't have a clue :confused:.

I have seen it before but I don't know what its purpose is for...?? I'll offer a springboard and suggest maybe something to do with emissions??

I'll keep eyes open if I come across anything..

BroHay

Last edited:
Without a picture it's anyone's guess. I checked out their web site and didn't find a specific muffler for the 2008 FZ1. Maybe I just missed it but they did mention that they have models for systems that is cats and in those they supply removable sections that include a cat. Does one of the cans have an internal mesh that looks like cat material? Did you trash the installation instructions?
You can probably just contact their support for the right answer.

Whatever the heck that multi-branched pipe is for, it must be for several bikes or variarions of bikes. It almost looks like someone's prototype that made it to production without being ever completed. Either that or it's a bad joke. I can't believe any reputable manufacturer would try to pawn that off as a alternative to the stock exhaust. In any event who ever built it must have figured the unused pipes would be cut off and welded up.

Back