MIVV GP question

I'm looking at getting a MIVV GP pipe and I had two ridiculously dumb questions before I bought it.

HERP 1) Does anyone know if there is an end cap that will work with this pipe? I like the tapered look like the Yoshi/Two Bros cans.

Derp 2) I see a lot of people "gutting the cat" and I was curious what the benefit was and is there a negative effect on MPG with this mod? Oddly enough, searching gut cat/cat gut brings up nothing ... but giggles.

-Thanks!

Last edited:
Don't know about #1...

As for #2, gutting the cat will free up the exhaust flow a little. Should give you a slightly deeper tone along with a few extra HP, but nothing significant. Most do it simply because it's "free" HP. Doubt it will affect MPG enough to be noticeable.

If

If you gut the cat with the Mivv GP and take off the silencer cap on it you will need ear plugs. It is INTENSELY loud as it is and would be deafening without the cat. just my experience

I'm looking at getting a MIVV GP pipe and I had two ridiculously dumb questions before I bought it.

HERP 1) Does anyone know if there is an end cap that will work with this pipe? I like the tapered look like the Yoshi/Two Bros cans.

-Thanks!

What are you referring to as an end cap? Are you wanting to take the end cap off of the pipe and change it?

My question about this cap is whether or not I could take the tapered cap from another can and plop it on the end of the GP. I'm thinking that I'd just need to find a can from Yoshi/Two Bros, Etc with the same diameter and order the cap. If I remember correctly, the MIVV GP is completely round.

On a side note: Any one in the LA area who wants the MIVV GP can hit up Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth. If I don't buy it someone else here can take advantage of the deal. It is used and I know nothing about it other than the fact that it's available. (Offer void where prohibited by law. Consult your physician. Always roll empire, not republic.)

Back