Mobil 1

Hi,
I've read in several posts that a lot of members use Mobil 1 5w-40, and they purchase it at Wal-mart. I went there today and couldn't find that grade. Is there an alternative grade I can use? I live in NW Oregon if that helps with the advice?

Thanks in advance!

:ditto:Same here, I picked up some 10-40w at Cyclegear for $9.99 a quart. This was my first change with synthetic with my mileage at 25,000 miles. The shifting is definitely much smoother with the Mobil 1.

Yup got my regular oil from the dealer and saved a ton of money. :nana:, Mobil who?

Kiddin guys, I do the Mobil 1 thing in my Yukon, as I have in previous cars, and honestly it makes no freaking difference except make my wallet lighter. Both of my bikes will get the regular sheit the dealer sell, don't think it'll last any less that synthetic guys

I recently switched my 08 FZ1 over to synthetic. Purchased a Mobil 1 filter and was going to go with the Mobil 1 4T but after doing some reading and research on oil, I decided to use Rotella T6. It was only $20 a gallon (4 quarts) at my WalM here in Ohio and I'll be changing oil yearly, so no worries about oil breakdown for me. They didnt carry the 4T at my WalM either. If I road more than 3500 miles a year on the bike, I'd probably go to an autoparts store and pay more for the Mobil 1 4T, but I only average about 3K per year of riding so the Rotella T6 will do just fine and save some coin in my pocket.

I recently switched my 08 FZ1 over to synthetic. Purchased a Mobil 1 filter and was going to go with the Mobil 1 4T but after doing some reading and research on oil, I decided to use Rotella T6. It was only $20 a gallon (4 quarts) at my WalM here in Ohio and I'll be changing oil yearly, so no worries about oil breakdown for me. They didnt carry the 4T at my WalM either. If I road more than 3500 miles a year on the bike, I'd probably go to an autoparts store and pay more for the Mobil 1 4T, but I only average about 3K per year of riding so the Rotella T6 will do just fine and save some coin in my pocket.

Did the Rotella review prove to be better than the Mobil or you just prefer it?

I don't think it's ever been better. The 5w50 worried me with how hot it is down here. Don't know if it matters, just seemed like a better idea. Switched back in January, no complaints.

Has anyone used the Synthetic Yamalube, I guess if I ever decide to switch to synthetic I give it a try and let you know what I already know. But if anyone has used it please let me know positive or negative feelings about it. Gracias

Did the Rotella review prove to be better than the Mobil or you just prefer it?

From what I have read the Mobil 1 4T is better than the Rotella. The Mobil 1 is 10W-40 vs the Rotella at 5W-40. The only negative I have read about regarding the Rotella was something to do with it breaking down or having less vicosity after 3000 miles, but this was an earlier variant of the oil (T5). Some T5 users complained that the shifting became noticeably notchier around 3000 miles, but others did not notice any change. The T5 was not officially JASO-MA rated, but the new T6 is.

Ultimately my decision to use Rotella T6 was based on two things:
1.) The price ($20 a gallon), much cheaper than buying Mobil 1 4T by the quart. At about half the cost, thats a huge savings when changing oil yearly!
2.) The over-all satisfaction of the many persons already using the Rotella Synthetic in their motorcycles. Spend some time searching forums and you can find hundreds of positive comments and far fewer negative remarks.

If I find anything I dont like about the Rotella T6 after using it for 3000 miles, I'll just spend the extra and switch over to the Mobil 1 4T Synthetic. Time will tell!

Hi,
I've read in several posts that a lot of members use Mobil 1 5w-40, and they purchase it at Wal-mart. I went there today and couldn't find that grade. Is there an alternative grade I can use? I live in NW Oregon if that helps with the advice?

Thanks in advance!

I got it at Walmart as well, 10W-40 though...8.97 a quart. Totally awesome. :)

Back