Modify flies or not?

Hi guys.
Wonder if you can help? Does anyone have dyno results of the gen 2 before and after modifying the flies?
I've done the airbox,filter,pc3 with custom map,de-cat and leo vince gp slip on. Its doing 155hp at the wheel.
Will I gain anything by doing the flies and where in the rev range will I see a gain,if any?
I will have it remaped after the fly mod offcause.
Thanks.:confused:

This is a good thread on the other forum for your question.
Flies question - FZ1OA Message Board
You may see some results on the dyno chart but it probably won't tell you much of the story. Basically, removing the flies can improve throttle response noticeably since the computer is no longer "mediating" your input, but if you open your throttle too much at low RPMs you will get poor performance due to air stall with FZs large throttle bodies. According to Ivan (who sells the FCE) the throttle snatch issue from fuel cut is also magnified without the flies (or with smaller flies) I did all my mods at once so I can't testify about doing the fly mod only but my 06 in "stage 4" trim ( FCE, PCIII, IM, Ivan's E map, airbox mod, BMC filter, full YoshR77) is pure perfection!

PS: post your dyno chart if you can since "155hp" max doesn't really tell us very much about the overall performance.

Last edited:
Essentially, you will make small gains in the mid-range and small losses on the top end. Unless you're living at the track or the strip, you live primarily in the mid-range day to day so having gains there is a plus. If you're a WOT rider, then it might be beneficial to leave them stock. :D I chose modded because I live in the mid-range and rarely get to top the bike out, especially in tiny NH... WOT and I'm in another state before I hit top speed.... ;) :tup:

Back