Mods to date on my 08 FZ1S

Custom cut Zero Gravity wind screen, Modded CBR mirrors with integrated turn signals installed, Smoked flush mount front signals, Smoked rear LED brake light with integrated turn signals, fender removed and tail modded with custom plate holder, Replaced chain and sprockets with stock gearing, Blue LED lighting, fan switch, carbon fiber wrapped heal guards, radiator guards, plate trim, frame sliders, and plastic trim plates under seats. rear sets and pegs painted black, passenger pegs removed, GYTR carbon fiber slip on that i modded by removing some packing and cut can down by about 8 inches, gold valve stem caps, shorty adjustable levers, aftermarket black oil fill cap, AIS removed and custom block offs, cat gutted, Lars air box mod with KnN filter, Secondary flies removed, Pirelli Diablo Rosa Corsa tires, and badged her up here and there with some sweet stickers. PCIII on it way and have custom map ready for it but still taking her to get dynode and custom map tweeked. I think thats it so far lol. Will post more pics when she is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lot of mods. How long have you had the bike? Did I understand you to have mirrors with turn signals and front pod turn signals? I guess that has a better chance to get noticed. I should be loud with a cut down GYTR and the air flow mods.

Waiting for pics... :popcorn:

Mods

Hello All,
Thanks for the replies.
I posted a bunch of pics of her. And i don't have pods on the sides for turn signals. I have flush mounts that are tinted out and i put mirrors off a CBR on it with integrated signals on them. I have had the bike since october. Check out the albums and hmu. Sorry it took awhile to reply. Still learning to navigate on this site lol
Thanks again.

Okay, I just looked at all the photos. Awesome job you did on her. I can see your very handy with the mods. Now......You REALLY need to do a thread on how you CF Wrapped the parts! That is awesome and something that many may be interested in doing themselves. Show us how you did all that. Thanks!

Carbon Fiber Wrap.

Thanks for the compliments.
I priced the carbon fiber parts and they are mad expensive. I was not so worried about the weight loss from true carbon fiber parts so I looked on Ebay for carbon fiber wrap. Found it for under 5 bucks a roll. I think the rolls were something like 12"x50'. I bought 2 just to make sure cause I knew i was gonna muff it up a couple times. All you do is clean the parts and peel and stick and use a heat gun and credit card or rubber squeegee. to push any air out. the paper gets real playable you can overlap too . Can barely see where paper overlaps. once it sets up after its on there pretty good. Its not perfect but fine for me and I am pretty anal about things lol as you can see how clean my machine is. I can say she don't look like
any other FZ1 I have seen lol and thats was my goal. Make her mine lol.

Thanks for the compliments.
I priced the carbon fiber parts and they are mad expensive. I was not so worried about the weight loss from true carbon fiber parts so I looked on Ebay for carbon fiber wrap. Found it for under 5 bucks a roll. I think the rolls were something like 12"x50'. I bought 2 just to make sure cause I knew i was gonna muff it up a couple times. All you do is clean the parts and peel and stick and use a heat gun and credit card or rubber squeegee. to push any air out. the paper gets real playable you can overlap too . Can barely see where paper overlaps. once it sets up after its on there pretty good. Its not perfect but fine for me and I am pretty anal about things lol as you can see how clean my machine is. I can say she don't look like
any other FZ1 I have seen lol and thats was my goal. Make her mine lol.

Well nice job on those CF parts and everything else you have done to her. I'm glad that now I have "company" and am not the only "anal" one on the board! I'm on my third rebuild between two bikes. Just search my threads for all my "Makeovers". There are quite a few going on at this moment on the board with tons of pics. Hellgate, Jwhelan, me, JohnnyOnTheRocks (who's being very secretive with his current project, and others whom I forget at the moment. I hope you'll make it to the next big PA Ride of 2013 coming soon. Just don't try and stay with Johnny on Rt847. He'll get you in trouble! Hahaha!!

Trouble

Sounds Like Johnny and I ride a lot alike then lol cause I push. lol thanks again and be safe.

Well nice job on those CF parts and everything else you have done to her. I'm glad that now I have "company" and am not the only "anal" one on the board! I'm on my third rebuild between two bikes. Just search my threads for all my "Makeovers". There are quite a few going on at this moment on the board with tons of pics. Hellgate, Jwhelan, me, JohnnyOnTheRocks (who's being very secretive with his current project, and others whom I forget at the moment. I hope you'll make it to the next big PA Ride of 2013 coming soon. Just don't try and stay with Johnny on Rt847. He'll get you in trouble! Hahaha!!

Back