Monokeying Around.......

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
Sooooooooo, after few months after agreeing to purchase, I finally have my GIVI hardbags showing up. It is time to dust of the ol modding gene and get creative.

My situation:
Original owner installed some sort of European tail that does not leave me alot of options. When I picked up the FZ two years ago, the previous owner had done the DYI integrated turn signal, and it was hosed up pretty bad. The solution was to mount some aftermarket cateyes in the tail section, and they have served me well. However, upon initial planning, the present location is going cause some issues with the hardbag mounts and need to come up with an alternative solution.

1). @ Eric, I need your tips/trick that you may have done with the recent repair of your pod lights for I need to make the holes disappear and repaint.

2). Anyone have a conventional fender eliminator to part with or a design of something that I can fab to remount the turn singnals to a location that will not interfere?

I'll get some pictures up this evening to get the creative collective juices flowing.....

Adam

Last edited:
Yea, easiest thing is to just install an integrated tail/turn signal light. Only problem is that you give up some visibility (to other drivers) from the sides.

And Adam post up a picture of your tail as it currently sits so we can have a better idea of your issue...

Brohay,

Do you have the V35s? If so I highly recommend the Admore lighting kit. Tail, brake and turn signal lights all out on the bags.

Good Luck,

MrHix

Adam, I bought some fiberglass matting and a can of resin. I'll be making a wax mold to put the tail pod into and then applying the fiberglass so that I end up with a semi-smooth area then sand it with a little body filler to smooth it out. I'll airbrush the base on, then the color coat and finally the clear coat in a few layers with a buff in between coats.

Are these holes directly in the tail plastics?

once I free the better camera, with flash, I'll get pictures -- having more work done on the house and have been busy trying to keep up....

@ Eric, yes, there are holes in the tail piece about midway below the grab rail. I may be lucky with the placement but will not know until the top rack comes in b/c it is hard to gauge clearances and overall position. ****hoping that I do not have to relocate anything and just deal with a minor obstruction****

In the mean time, anyone who has changed their pegs out to some sort of aftermarket, have a right side peg/rubber available for purchase?

Adam

The goods......

Finally got the last box with the important pieces to do a dry fit to see about clearance issues.

Giviset.jpg

FZ348topcaserack.jpg

Bag_sides.jpg

E360inside.jpg

E52inside.jpg

Last edited:
Back