More Gratuitous Mivv Sex

Mods within the first 3 weeks of ownership.... pure addiction...

1. Tank Pad
2. StreetFX Electropod running lights
3. T-Rex Frame Sliders
4. Powerbronze Belly Pan

and now...

5. Mivv Suono SS

(Found a terrific deal from an Ebay Italian exporter - OmniaRacing $335 + $40 shipping = $375)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330439758439&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

mivv1.jpg

mivv4.jpg

mivv3.jpg

mivv1.jpg

Last edited:
What are the two can looking things in front of the tire? And is it the photo, but is the bend of the muffler below the curb feeler on the foot peg?

What are the two can looking things in front of the tire? And is it the photo, but is the bend of the muffler below the curb feeler on the foot peg?

Hellgate,

Yes, the midpipe is very odd... a better photo is shown below from PJs Parts website, along with a short explanation. The two short can structures are closed off. As far as the height of the midpipe .. it's really no different then the height of the stock midpipe. So the curb feeler should still act the same.

"IMPORTANT NOTE: MIVV updated the midpipe for the 2nd Gen. FZ1 in order to improve air flow for the FZ1's 5-valve motor, which creates unique exhaust pulses."

Y023Midpipe.jpg

Last edited:
Took it out on my morning commute, and it sounds awesome. I left the DB Killer in, and it still delivers plenty of growl. Without it, I'm sure it'd be way too loud for me (and my neighbors).

I did NOT gut the cat, as I'm not really into improving performance. I was more after the improved tone, as well as the looks. I think leaving the cat in helped enough with the back pressure, because there wasn't a whole lot of popping during decel. The slight popping I did hear actually sounded good... kind of deep tone.

Anyway, for anyone on the fence, I'd definitely go for the Mivv Suono. Super simple install and build quality is top notch.

Near as I've been able to determine is something to do with the resonance of the setup overall, and to generate the :wth: question as well.

Took it out on my morning commute, and it sounds awesome. I left the DB Killer in, and it still delivers plenty of growl. Without it, I'm sure it'd be way too loud for me (and my neighbors).

I did NOT gut the cat, as I'm not really into improving performance. I was more after the improved tone, as well as the looks. I think leaving the cat in helped enough with the back pressure, because there wasn't a whole lot of popping during decel. The slight popping I did hear actually sounded good... kind of deep tone.

Anyway, for anyone on the fence, I'd definitely go for the Mivv Suono. Super simple install and build quality is top notch.

I'm with you on that one, they are pretty loud without the db killer.
Like you said, it still sounds awesome with the db killer in place.
I also didn't gut the cat (yet) and the popping isn't so bad with the db killer installed.

Yes. It is a Powerbronze bellypan. The $130 one you can get on Ebay. They only come in black and carbon; mine happens to be black.

Truthfully im on the fence with the two-tone look. A part of me wants the uniformity of having the yamaha colormatched belly pan. Ill keep staring at it for a few more weeks before deciding.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for the info man ... In the meantime take comfort in the fact it looks sweet. Granted, colormatched would only help the cause.. In the pic it is hard to see the difference!

I realize right away that it was black, but i think it doesn´t look bad or out of place, i think it different and it goes with the engine color. I may order a black one for myself. Thanks for info

Back