mounting 'highway pegs'

Hey just just got my 2010 fz1n and noticed on my first long trip i got sore in the legs hip and butt pretty quick. I've already sent my seat off for a retrim and chased up some fz6 pegs as they are a bit lower but i want to make some pegs similar the the satan highway pegs.

Looking at my bike i notice two lugs/brackets on the front of the engine are these strong enough to use as u mount for a second set of pegs? i've looked for some pics but can find any of where satans actually mount. Any advice will be appreciated.

Hey just just got my 2010 fz1n and noticed on my first long trip i got sore in the legs hip and butt pretty quick. I've already sent my seat off for a retrim and chased up some fz6 pegs as they are a bit lower but i want to make some pegs similar the the satan highway pegs.

Looking at my bike i notice two lugs/brackets on the front of the engine are these strong enough to use as u mount for a second set of pegs? i've looked for some pics but can find any of where satans actually mount. Any advice will be appreciated.

Take a look here to see how Satan's highway pegs are mounted. And yes those two lugs are used...

http://www.998cc.org/forum/25291-post8.html

I am currently making myself a set, but I'm goin cheap. I'm bolting a piece of flat stock steel to the lugs and the drilling and tapping the flat stock for a large bolt.The large bolt will get covered with some rubber hose. I am not planning of standing on them, so they should work fine.

I am currently making myself a set, but I'm goin cheap. I'm bolting a piece of flat stock steel to the lugs and the drilling and tapping the flat stock for a large bolt.The large bolt will get covered with some rubber hose. I am not planning of standing on them, so they should work fine.

Sounds like a great budget idea, but why not pick up a cheap set of pegs on eBay so you can fold them out of the way when you're not using them.

Sounds like a great budget idea, but why not pick up a cheap set of pegs on eBay so you can fold them out of the way when you're not using them.

Because my way cost me $0 and about 1.5 hours of my labor. If I was spending $$, I would simply go with Satan's pegs.

Because my way cost me $0 and about 1.5 hours of my labor. If I was spending $$, I would simply go with Satan's pegs.

Wasn't trying to spend your money...lol. Also remember that if you don't have something that can fold and have a tip over of some sort you can end up breaking off one of those engine lugs.

Wasn't trying to spend your money...lol. Also remember that if you don't have something that can fold and have a tip over of some sort you can end up breaking off one of those engine lugs.

I'll take my chances since I only plan to use them occasionally for longer hwy runs. Plus, once I remove them, all that will be left is my mounting braket.

Back