MT-10 Review

Probably steam from moisture in can burning off from sitting. That's normal.

I have had the ECU flashed for the stock exhaust from 2 Wheels Dyno Works. I get lifetime reflashes any time I change something on the bike. I also have the Yamaha Quick shifter installed.

Flashing the ECU for the stock exhaust frees up 20% more power off the bottom and 15% on the top. It will fix all the jerk throttle and It will be smooth as butter. Speed limiter and throttle limitations are also removed. The fan temps are lowered too.

Probably steam from moisture in can burning off from sitting. That's normal.

I have had the ECU flashed for the stock exhaust from 2 Wheels Dyno Works. I get lifetime reflashes any time I change something on the bike. I also have the Yamaha Quick shifter installed.

Flashing the ECU for the stock exhaust frees up 20% more power off the bottom and 15% on the top. It will fix all the jerk throttle and It will be smooth as butter. Speed limiter and throttle limitations are also removed. The fan temps are lowered too.
Wow that sounds fantastic! Unfortunately I'm nowhere near 2 wheels DW..

Skickat från min HTC 10 via Tapatalk

The smoke is totally normal in cold temperatures. Once the exhaust heats up enough, it goes away.

As for the fuel smell when cold, I'd consider that very normal, too. Some bikes can be pretty rich when first started, especially in cold weather.

My VFR is quite steamy on cold mornings but it always goes away after it warms up.

The smoke is totally normal in cold temperatures. Once the exhaust heats up enough, it goes away.

As for the fuel smell when cold, I'd consider that very normal, too. Some bikes can be pretty rich when first started, especially in cold weather.

My VFR is quite steamy on cold mornings but it always goes away after it warms up.
Allright.. Was a bit worried, thanks

It's not that bad, just a few small details. The fz1 is a dinosaur in comparison. A very nice dino, but still. I was starting to feel the limitations of the chassis when riding the tight bends,. It's 10 years of know-how difference between the two. The mt-10 is roughly 15kg lighter also, that weight save has to come from somewhere, and even if I like the solid quality feel of the fz1 more, the mt is just in another league, and the hooligan character suites me more. And I love the transformer look

No doubt it is a great bike and a blast to ride. It gets great reviews. For me personally I just wish the styling was a bit more conservative, but perhaps it grows on you after a while.

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

7476e0e12b8ab35aedf663c889293f13.jpg

I'm wondering if that hole will allow water to be splashed all over the electronics and battery

This bike is a bit dangerous. Giving it a bit of extra throttle will lift the front wheel just enough to loose the ability to steer, and you find yourself heading into the other lane. Setting it down then, at half throttle and a bit of lean, can feel a bit dangerous, you get the engine braking, the sudden dive, the head shake..

It sounds like it needs a smooth throttle hand compared to the FZ1.

All that extra torque down low probably requires a different riding style than what you were used to.

Sounds like an exciting ride.

Sent from my Moto G (4)

It sounds like it needs a smooth throttle hand compared to the FZ1.

All that extra torque down low probably requires a different riding style than what you were used to.

Sounds like an exciting ride.

Sent from my Moto G (4)

Absolutely.. I used to ride the fz1 like I stole it. I could pin the throttle pretty hard without getting liftoff. The fz1 has a 51% weight bias on the front, which this thing sure hasn't. It definitely requires a different riding style.. It's like motogp, Ducati vs yamaha. Being smooth as butter..

I'll need time to adapt, and I hope I won't hurt myself until I do..

Exciting ride, almost like the first motorcycle. That feeling of taking it easy with the clutch so it doesn't jump or stall, wheelies at not even half throttle {or what is perceived by the ears and body as half throttle),
Big power wheelies in second gear.. Etc etc

Which mode are you riding in? My father in law's MT10SP has 4 modes, race, sport, city and tourer. Maybe start with tourer? City is low end punch, sport is more linear and race - well, don't go there.

So, what is actually making the mt10 that much more wild and wheelie crazy? Looking at dyno charts it seems to be about the same as a normally modded fz1. Is it shorter wheelbase? Shorter gear ratios?

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

Which mode are you riding in? My father in law's MT10SP has 4 modes, race, sport, city and tourer. Maybe start with tourer? City is low end punch, sport is more linear and race - well, don't go there.
I'm Riding in mode STD, TC2 (medium). TC3 will not allow wheelies, but I'm not sure it will counteract the front wheel skipping

Back