muffler price

DYAMNNNNN so after looking at parts shark today I noticed that our stock muffler lists for $1,184 retail, and $916 special price to me :wow:

So who wants to buy mine for $600? :waiting: lmao

DYAMNNNNN so after looking at parts shark today I noticed that our stock muffler lists for $1,184 retail, and $916 special price to me :wow:

So who wants to buy mine for $600? :waiting: lmao

You'd have a better chance of hitting the lottery.......Twice! than getting that kind of money. It's way better to pack it away so if the time comes you ever want to sell the bike, you can re-install the stock system and sell the aftermarket one for that kind of money.

With the weight of the thing it would probably cost $600 to ship. You could take it to a coastal town (where applicable) and see if any of the fishermen need an anchor.:teeter:

I have one and would part with it for $20 plus whatever the post office wants to ship it (other than my arm and leg...still using those).

LMAO, obviously this was meant to be funny as nobody in their right mind will pay that money for one unless they absolutely wanted to keep their bike stoks and insurance is paying for it after a wreck.
I'm really shocked at the price, really. Don't get me wrong i know some awesome engineering and research went into building that peice but damn!!

LMAO, obviously this was meant to be funny as nobody in their right mind will pay that money for one unless they absolutely wanted to keep their bike stoks and insurance is paying for it after a wreck.
I'm really shocked at the price, really. Don't get me wrong i know some awesome engineering and research went into building that peice but damn!!

Every once in awhile someone actually wants the stock pipe. Some states and Provinces are really starting to crack down on aftermarket pipes for both noise and emmisions reasons. A time will come when it will be stock or you won't be able to register it. When that time comes I have a very valuable commodity nicely wrapped up and preserved in my spare room closet. Who needs retirement savings......:poke:

Have to say after having looked at the stock end can today that its simply awful. Well engineered sure, but it weighs a ton and is entirely ridiculous for a sports bike lol.

Too quiet, too heavy, too ugly.

eek!

The most unlikely things happen

I've got a near original XT 500 C. The only non original parts are the exhaust and inner rear guard. In full original these bikes are starting to be worth $$$ here in Australia. The last original pipe I saw on ebay looked near junk, flattened out header and dings and went for $500+ from memory.

Back