My Naked and Chopped 1st Gen

Hey guys...
Thanks for the compliments. The bike has been untouched (except for a few rides) since my last post. Sorry I've been MIA.

I wanted to stop by after seeing some recent comments/questions.

The front light is a cheap light often found on ebay. It does have turn signal indicators built in. I like the look, but won't be keeping it. Its night output is horrible. If you're riding at night, I wouldn't recommend it. My rides have all been behind other riders that are lighting up our path. I plan to go the LSL route in the future.

The tail couldn't be explained in enough detail to reproduce perfectly. Look around, get a good idea where things will have to go, and cut! Lights are attached to the fairing. You need to make a bracket system or something of the sorts to attach the fairing onto the rear subframe and rework your seat.

As I mentioned, its gone untouched since my last post. I need to get back in the garage and start working on the details!

Hey guys...
Thanks for the compliments. The bike has been untouched (except for a few rides) since my last post. Sorry I've been MIA.

I wanted to stop by after seeing some recent comments/questions.

The front light is a cheap light often found on ebay. It does have turn signal indicators built in. I like the look, but won't be keeping it. Its night output is horrible. If you're riding at night, I wouldn't recommend it. My rides have all been behind other riders that are lighting up our path. I plan to go the LSL route in the future.

The tail couldn't be explained in enough detail to reproduce perfectly. Look around, get a good idea where things will have to go, and cut! Lights are attached to the fairing. You need to make a bracket system or something of the sorts to attach the fairing onto the rear subframe and rework your seat.

As I mentioned, its gone untouched since my last post. I need to get back in the garage and start working on the details!
Thanks for the feed back. With winter coming getting back into the garage shouldn't be an issue. ;)

I broke off my fairing stay and need to replace my front headlight and dash; I'd be interested to see what you do with the front fairing/lights.

Cheers

And after another hiatus... I followed through with what I said.

Here is the Omnia Racing (MT-03) headlight on. The side brackets were powdercoated black too. I built a "L" bracket to mount it under the triple tree.

6981032333_f7477e52c5_z.jpg

The weather has gotten too warm to keep it apart. I had to put some other projects on hold for awhile and get it back on the road.

Hey Guys,

The trip to Pleasant Planis, ILL. for the 2002 FZ10 was all for naught. When I got there he immediately said to me, "pull your truck on inside the garage here, we can load the bike up in out of the wind and rain." Mmhhhh. I politelty declined and said I would ride it first, here is the money. I asked if he had started the bike. Yep he said. Starts right up. The bike was warm, and, it was flooded. Mmhhhh. After several minutes I got it started. Mmhhhh. The fancy FZ1 gauge (in the place of the fuel gauge) was blank. No amount of fiddling with it would awaken it. Mmhhhh. After warming it up good (while messing with that gauge thingy), I get settled in the saddle and WTF ?? The bars are tilted to the right, and also down, about 3 or 4 degrees. Mmhhhh. Still looking at the bars and pondering what this maybe meant, I noticed that the forks between the triple clamps were twisted ever so slightly. Mmhhhh. Off I go down the skinny, county road, pulls to the right ever so slightly. Mmhhh. Shift to second, , , ,nothing, only air, no engagement, no click, no snick. No second gear. I found neutral a couple of times. Mmhhh. I apply the brakes and also poke it back into first gear and, and, ooww, ooww, I'm headed for the ditch, pulling mightily to the right ---HARD.. , hope I don't tip over now . . . brakes,,,brakes. 'Whew' that was close. Skinny road and all. Mmhhh. I do a U-turn and creep back to the garage, in first gear. Mmhhh.
I told him what I found when I rode it. He confesses, that he hasn't ridden the bike either. His son (in the Navy) left him the Illinois title and ask him to sell it, told him that he didn't like riding it very much. Mmhhhh. The FZ with an Illinois title had a North Carolina license plate on the back. Mmhhhh. I noticed that the GIVI trunk for the rack on the back was missing. Mmhhhh.
I said, "You know what, in light of everything I have found after riding this Yamaha, I am just not interested in going through with this purchase." "Just to many issues, and to many things I don't like about it's mechanical condition." I drove 3.5 hours over here and I'll take my money back thank you, and drive the 3.5 hours back to Indiana. He apologized and thanked me for coming, and thanked me for doing a basic shake-down ride for him. Mmhhh. I am still looking for a NICE, well equipped, fairly priced YAMAHA FZ 10 !! Mmhhhh. :beer:

Sounds like a craigslist find....

Here is the Omnia Racing (MT-03) headlight on. The side brackets were powdercoated black too. I built a "L" bracket to mount it under the triple tree.

The weather has gotten too warm to keep it apart. I had to put some other projects on hold for awhile and get it back on the road.

are you going to leave the radiator cap and the other side exposed?

Are you going to put the dash back on? I think the dash is needed for the cooling fan to work properly; might be interlocked with the nuetral indicator.

Back