My Texas World Speedway Video

Felt the rush (3-4 lap) when you got slowed down with the supermoto and watched him take off. Only to be reeled in the straihtway like you were toying with him. Regardless of him being underpowered, it was a great chase/pass!

BTW, what were your straightaway speeds?

Thanks - it was fun towards the end of the day looking at how/where to pass, making the call and punching it! There was a cool pass the session before where I had to go around a (yes) Duc 1198 - OG, slow in corners, fast on upper end (instructors were telling people to let people pass, but this guy totally ignored that) - approached in 9, took a tight line in 10 that let me duck under him in the exit from 11 and get a strong jump on the launch towards 12 - now THAT was a rush! I hope I can find that on one of the vids!

...with rare exceptions, I was in 3rd all around except the long straight because I was working on the line and entry speeds and wanted to focus. Downshifting for the corner exits and launching next time out is going to be a bigger blast!

The small straight got to 100 mph max and the big one was about 130 - partially limited because of the buffeting head-wind that made me feel very unstable at that point. You can tell the Fazer is not so streamlined as the real race bikes that were out there. Next time I hope to hit at least 140.

Yeah really don't want to get used to those markers. I need to become familiar with some more permanent land marks near by.

Right - I found myself looking at where I "would" go, noticing the x's and thinking ok... WIDER! on some, SOONER on others... like turn 8... ("WIDER, FASTER!"), 10 ("TIGHTER!"), 3 ("LATER TURN!"). Maybe I'll remember those cues on my next TWS trip without needing the tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize Texas had so many snakes! :eek:

seriously though, I wish they didn't require full leathers here in CO to do a track day.....I would like the experience but not at the expense of having to spend an additional $700 +

I scored 2 piece fieldsheer leathers on advrider.com for 50 bucks shipped. Keep looking! Always a deal

Right - I found myself looking at where I "would" go, noticing the x's and thinking ok... WIDER! on some, SOONER on others... like turn 8... ("WIDER, FASTER!"), 10 ("TIGHTER!"), 3 ("LATER TURN!"). Maybe I'll remember those cues on my next TWS trip without needing the tape.

8 and 9 and then 13, 14 and 15 were my favorites. I could haul ass through those and they were fun chicanes. 10 and 3 were, for whatever reason, the only ones that made me a bit nervous. I am going to work on those two corners and do a little more hauling a$$ in the straights and working on my braking in May. Can't wait! Will definitely get video next time.

Jeff is there anyway of us being able to hear the sweet roar of the Gen I motor for the whole video. That would be super sweet...

Here is a different video (no buzzing) with no music overlay - keep in mind I mostly stayed in one gear to help my focus. this was earlier in the day.

Watch closely at my hellish turn 6 exit surprise @ 12:15! The dude on the tarmac was out COLD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUA-BzpPpCM]YouTube - TWS Trackday Session - GoPro TankCam[/ame]

Thanks - it was fun towards the end of the day looking at how/where to pass, making the call and punching it! There was a cool pass the session before where I had to go around a (yes) Duc 1198 - OG, slow in corners, fast on upper end (instructors were telling people to let people pass, but this guy totally ignored that) - approached in 9, took a tight line in 10 that let me duck under him in the exit from 11 and get a strong jump on the launch towards 12 - now THAT was a rush! I hope I can find that on one of the vids!

...with rare exceptions, I was in 3rd all around except the long straight because I was working on the line and entry speeds and wanted to focus. Downshifting for the corner exits and launching next time out is going to be a bigger blast!

The small straight got to 100 mph max and the big one was about 130 - partially limited because of the buffeting head-wind that made me feel very unstable at that point. You can tell the Fazer is not so streamlined as the real race bikes that were out there. Next time I hope to hit at least 140.

You're right the Fizz is a big bike. My little bike was hitting 125 on the back and I saw 152 on the front. Keep in mind the bike is geared -1, +1, and I assume there is no speedo healer. On the front I had to throttle back as I ran out gear and my shift warning light came on.

You're right the Fizz is a big bike. My little bike was hitting 125 on the back and I saw 152 on the front. Keep in mind the bike is geared -1, +1, and I assume there is no speedo healer. On the front I had to throttle back as I ran out gear and my shift warning light came on.

I was thinking - body fairings would be nice at those speeds - as would a more streamlined sitting position!

I think I could get faster dropping a gear out of the corner too - by the time I was creeping up from 3rd gear, to a good speed, turn 1 was coming up fast! And I'm going to tear up turn 1/2 next time :sinister: - I was being overly cautious trying to get used to it.

Ok - here with no music

Sorry about random buzzing....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjsd0YGXXjk]YouTube - Final Session TWS 4 10 No Music[/ame]

Back