Naked fuel consumption?

I'm curious how many klms you get before your bike hits reserve?
I need this information to determine if I should go back to a standard rear sprocket as I'm going away on a trip soon.

I'm after naked bike owners as I assume, due to the lack of fairing, that our bikes use more fuel than the fared versions.

Please let me know if your bike is using standard gearing or not or if you have any mods.

My bike has a slip-on, airbox mod with DNA filter, 16T front and 47T rear.(+1/-2)
I currently get 160 klms (100 miles) before hitting reserve with spirited riding.

Hi: on my baby: air filter bmc,ngk iridium,rapid bike3,leo vince sbk gp pro terminal,post crown +2: 2 maps,same power but different torque:
with the soft one a medum consume is around 15,5 km/l with best performace at 18 km/l. so until reserve,210 km from full tank(130 miles +/-).
With the other map less than 13 km/l. Bad performace on track:4 km/l..
I'm sorry but i've not releved consumes in stock configuration..

I have a 2008 FZ1N with Akra Hex Carbon Slip-on, I get about 6.3l / 100kms, my fuel economy did not really change after installation of the exhaust, I have no other mods.

I'm curious how many klms you get before your bike hits reserve?
I need this information to determine if I should go back to a standard rear sprocket as I'm going away on a trip soon.

I'm after naked bike owners as I assume, due to the lack of fairing, that our bikes use more fuel than the fared versions.

Please let me know if your bike is using standard gearing or not or if you have any mods.

My bike has a slip-on, airbox mod with DNA filter, 16T front and 47T rear.(+1/-2)
I currently get 160 klms (100 miles) before hitting reserve with spirited riding.

I have mine custom mapped, i think about 160-170km per tank. It all is varable according to your right wrist..

Sorry. Didn't see this one when it went up.

I'm getting 120-160km from full (just above the thing inside the filler cap with the many holes in it..lol) to reserve on a stockasarock nekkid. The 120 is weekend twisty work, and the 160 is very mild (for me) commuting (possibly in the wet - I just remember the numbers). I usually put in around 14 litres-ish. 11.6 litres/100km - 8.7 litres/100km.

I have a bit of a wrist problem though:D. It's getting to be a competition to see which runs out first, tyres or fuel...lol.:teeter:

For me it is 7.14 l /100 km or 1l / 14km

That is mostly commuting with an average of 5000 RPM on the highway where i do most of my driving.

But I am not one of the lightest persons so that might also change the numbers a bit.

Mods are listed below

Just did the putty loop............full tank at Berowra then onto kulnurra, wollombi, broke and gassed up at the servo near Bulga which took 11.6 litres and was showing 165km on the clock. Not hanging around as there were no cops in sight.

Then flat out down the putty and the tank went onto reserve somewhere near 200 kms which is after 14.5 litres.

2008 FZ1-N with Carbon slip-on Yoshi and standard gearing.

Ballmead, I'm averaging about 6.2 / 100km. Reserve hits in between 180 and 200ish....generally up the Old Pacific Hwy so you know there are some factors involved in that! On one longer run I got about 5.8 / 100km. My gearing is stock as is the exhaust.

I have changed the gearing back from -1+2 to just +2 on the rear now and the fuel economy hasn't changed much at all.
The bike still accelerates pretty hard so I'm keeping it just 2 up on the back for now.

I used a local fuel economy calculator MotorMouth - Fuel Prices and Petrol Prices Australia and got the following results:

Consumption in Litres per 100 Kilometres: 7.39 L/100Km
Consumption in Kilometres per Litre: 13.53 Km/L
Consumption in Miles Per Gallon (Imperial): 38.22 MPG (Imp)
Consumption in Miles Per Gallon (U.S.): 31.83 MPG (U.S.)

Just went down along the Washington and Oregon coast, behaving and enjoying the ride and managed to go 260km before reserve came on.
The only mod I have is Ivans FCE, rest is all stock, apart from being naked of course.
H

Back